speakers out of sync

• 18 August 2016
  • 90 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

90 replies

+1. Just started happening with paired Play3 set. Based on the number of recent posts, the problem appears to be growing. Does the hardware inside these speakers come with an expiration date...?
+1. Just started happening with paired Play3 set. Based on the number of recent posts, the problem appears to be growing. Does the hardware inside these speakers come with an expiration date...?
Submit a system diagnostic and post the number. If there's a hardware issue Sonos Support would be able to diagnose it.

And no, of course Sonos players don't have an expiration date. Sonos continues to support all their player hardware with software upgrades, right back to units purhased in 2005. That said, the internal components of all electronics will age eventually.
Yeah, that was a joke. 🙂 But thanks for the amazingly fast response.

Diags # is 7366761

I also had a look to see what the warranty is in Canada, but it doesn't seem to appear on the website. (the most conspicious link only provides "declarations of conformity" http://www.sonos.com/en-ca/support/policies.html#warranty_coverage).
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello ChrisB-Ba, Thanks for following ratty's suggestion to submit the diagnostic report. Taking a look at the report, I do have a few questions. Your BRIDGE has a cable in each of its Ethernet ports. Assuming one is going directly to your home's router where is the 2nd ethernet connection going? I am also noticing quite a bit of wireless interference in your area. It'd be best to start with changing your Sonos wifi channel. Steps here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1230. The last step I would suggest taking is to power cycle the right side of the 'Man Cave' stereo pair. Once you have made these adjustments, please test playback again and let us know how it goes.

In regards to the warranty period on your players, the coverage would be one year from the initial registration date of the player. Warranty Terms
Similar problems. I have 3 Sonos5, sub, playbar. 2 sonos1. One of the 5s has slipped out of sync. Diagnostic 7372693.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Badge +1
Similar problems. I have 3 Sonos5, sub, playbar. 2 sonos1. One of the 5s has slipped out of sync. Diagnostic 7372693.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi snaurath, Lets start by updating your system. Go to Settings > Online updates. This will restart the units, afterwards let me know if the sync issue continue.
Using phone app?
You should be able to update the speakers from any controller. It would be under "settings" on a mobile device.
Hi,

I am having the same problem - Play:1 speakers paired as L+R, one speaker gradually goes out of sync and starts to lag 1-3 seconds behind the other. Rebooting the speaker brings it back into sync for a few hours. Everything is up to date software-wise.

I've submitted a diagnostic report to support ( #7391529). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dermot
I am experiencing the same issue. The connect that is also acting as the boost base station (and is incidentally brand new) is out of sync with the other 3 devices. Diagnostic code 7394265.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I've submitted a diagnostic report to support ( #7391529). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dermot, it looks like your speakers are actually connecting to different access points. One is joining a Netgear device and the other to a TP-Link. My advice would be to change the wireless SSID (name) of the network being produced by one of those, so that both Sonos players must join the same one. For example if the TP-Link is an extender, you can log into it and change the SSID to something like 'your-network-name_EXT'.

I am experiencing the same issue. The connect that is also acting as the boost base station (and is incidentally brand new) is out of sync with the other 3 devices. Diagnostic code 7394265.

Hi cfbroom. welcome to the community. Your diagnostic did not come through properly, indicating some data transmission problems there, which are most likely related to your issue. Try connecting a Sonos player directly to the router, if you haven't already, and sending the diagnostic again. In this situation, the most likely scenario is wireless interference. Check out our help article on this and follow the steps there.
I am having the same issue after years of having the Sonos Play 1 and Play 5.
Never had syncing issues. Now my den Pair of Play 1 Speakers keeps getting out of sync. I just closed app, and ungrouped them, regrouped and issued seems to have corrected.
Primarily use Spotify.
Next time it happens, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic and post the number here. There might be relevant data in the log files that are included with that.
So my pair of Play 1's are falling out of sync.
This time it happened when I started replaying music frlm the previous group I had been using on Spotify.
7409071 is my diagnostics code.
Help!
Thanks!
Hello yossilanger, are you still experiencing this issue? Unfortunately, your diagnostic came through with no information on it, Mind Submitting another?

FriendOfTheDevil please submit a diagnostic then post the confirmation code. Directions here.

machomaz21 mind temporarily wiring the PLAY:3 to your router, testing the audio, then submitting another diagnostic while the player is still wired?

ChrisB-BA we look at each incident on a case by case issue, as there can be other reasons for players to get out of sync. Mind submitting a diagnostic so we can take a look at your system?
So my pair of Play 1's are falling out of sync.
I have gotten no response from my request to check my diagnostic code.
7409071 is my diagnostics code.
Help!
Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi ToolChick,

Thanks for submitting those diagnostics, we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. To get this issue resolved, please call our Support Line at your earliest convenience. When calling, please give the technician the reference number 170519-000013. Our technicians are all experts and they will be happy to assist you in getting your music playing as intended again.
Omar
I tried calling the number you gave me at 9:39 am eastern. It says offices closed. I have a new diagnostics code as it is happening again.
My play 1 pair is out of sync with the rest of the group.
Diagnostic 7410900.
Thanks!
Badge +1
Hi ToolChick,

Our team was most likely still getting ready for the day as our support team lines open at 10 AM Eastern time. Based off the diagnostic, we do need to take a direct look at the setup with our phone support team.

When calling, please give the technician the reference number 170519-000013, which will have the updated diagnostic you submitted included in the notes as well.

Hi cfbroom. welcome to the community. Your diagnostic did not come through properly, indicating some data transmission problems there, which are most likely related to your issue. Try connecting a Sonos player directly to the router, if you haven't already, and sending the diagnostic again. In this situation, the most likely scenario is wireless interference. Check out our help article on this and follow the steps there.

The connect device is wired into the router, but I resent; confirmation 7409466.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
The connect device is wired into the router, but I resent; confirmation 7409466.

Hi cfbroom,

Thank you for resending the diagnostic but it appears this one was also corrupted. This can indicate a communication issue between the CONNECT and the network. With this player being wired you may need to replace the ethernet cable with a new one and let us know if anything changes.
I I'm having the same problem with my system being out of sync. I submitted a diagnostic. My confirmation number is: 7413700. Thank you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Sakofsky,

Please try playing audio with a different Group Coordinator. When grouping your devices, please make anything but the "Living Room" or "Office" player the group coordinator and let us know if your audio is still out of sync.
Living room, bathroom, and portable are all relatively close. I can make any one of those three the group coordinator and they remain out of sync.

Hi cfbroom,

Thank you for resending the diagnostic but it appears this one was also corrupted. This can indicate a communication issue between the CONNECT and the network. With this player being wired you may need to replace the ethernet cable with a new one and let us know if anything changes.

Switched the ethernet cable, still have the out of sync sound. New Diagnostic 7418159.