speakers out of sync

• 18 August 2016
  • 90 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

90 replies

Hi there, Good Todd:

Thanks for reaching out and for the diagnostic report. Would you mind telling us a little more about your network Sonso is connected to? It seems that the iOS controller you are using to control Sonos is connected to a different device than the router that your Sonos is connected to. Are you using extenders or access points?

Any advice?
Thanks, Keith

My Sonos is connected directly to my router via ethernet, but I have an AirPort Extreme (connected to the same router my Sonos is connected to) to which all of my WiFi-enabled devices connect. (Tbh, not sure if that constitutes an extender or access point--forgive my naivete.) I've had the speakers set up this way for quite some time and haven't had an issue until now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Good Todd:

Thanks for reaching out and for the diagnostic report. Would you mind telling us a little more about your network Sonso is connected to? It seems that the iOS controller you are using to control Sonos is connected to a different device than the router that your Sonos is connected to. Are you using extenders or access points?
My Sonos speakers are out of sync no matter which combination of speakers I use. Please assist.

Diagnostic: 7910747

Thank you.
I'm having the same problem with my Sonos 1 pairing. Constantly falling out of sync. I grouping and regrouping fixes the problem, but only temporarily.

Diagnostic 7739532

Any help?
I've had Sonos for years. Just recently, the speakers get out of sync from each other. I've ungrouped and regrouped the speakers. I've powered down all internet and electronic devices. I can get them back in sync but it only lasts for a few hours then they go out again. Can you help?
First thing Sonos told me was that I needed to update my device firmware. I was sure I kept everything up to date, but that wasn't the case. After loading the latest, my out-of-sync issues are gone. It might be a good idea to verify you're running the latest software.
Userlevel 1
I've got the same issue with my Play 1s - stereo pair, works ok for a while then gets out of sync.

I've submitted diagnostics: 7727905

Can you assist?

Thanks
Great!

I happen to be a fan of more synchronous forms of contact when I'm dealing with this kind of issue, so I'd have gone with the phone and the potential wait that some talk about, but that's me. The important thing is that they've replied to you, and it's moving forward. Best of luck!
MarkTs,

As a suggestion, you may want to call in or talk to them via FB Messenger/Twitter. I'm assuming there's a pretty obscure hardware fault in one of your speakers, and if that's the case, the process would be quicker in a direct conversation than it would be working through these forums.

You can find your local area's information here: www.sonos.com/contact

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried FB Messenger last night and while it took overnight to get a response, I heard from Sonos this morning and they are investigating. 🆒
MarkTs,

As a suggestion, you may want to call in or talk to them via FB Messenger/Twitter. I'm assuming there's a pretty obscure hardware fault in one of your speakers, and if that's the case, the process would be quicker in a direct conversation than it would be working through these forums.

You can find your local area's information here: www.sonos.com/contact
Hello!

Can someone take a look at my diagnostic data? We have had excellent luck with our Sonos system (Play:3, 2 Play:1, 1 Connect) until recently when all the speakers, grouped together, play out of sync.. Ungrouping and regrouping generally fixes it, but they are back out of sync the next day.

Number 7615418.

thank you!
Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Your system looks to be hardwired, and even so, the units are not communicating sufficiently with one-another, to allow playback to be seamless. What information can you give us as to how this is wired? Via a switch, I assume? If so, what is the make and model?
Similar problem here with SONOS PLAY3
Have 5 of them in a group and all 5 are out of sync

Diagnostics ID 7534368
Taking them out of the group and re-grouping them fixes the issue temporarily
I "solved" the problem with my system by using the L/R analog output from my Sonos Connect to the Yamaha VS79 receiver, rather than the digital optical cable. The problem is that the sound quality isn't as good.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Switched the ethernet cable, still have the out of sync sound. New Diagnostic 7418159.
This one is also corrupted I'm afraid. We can read the raw file to get some data out of it, but it's not showing us the whole picture. I think the problem is definitely wireless interference as there's a lot of 'beacon jammed' messages which means that there's so much traffic needing to be re-sent that the wireless card simply can't handle it any more. What I would advise you to do is actually give us a call on our support line. What we could do then would be something like turn everything off and then back on one by one, taking diagnostics each step. Our number for your region can be found at www.sonos.com/support.

I've created a support case for you on our system, reference 170522-000237. If you quote that number when you call, the agent you speak to can easily see the history of what we've discussed so far.
The connect device is wired into the router, but I resent; confirmation 7409466.

Hi cfbroom,

Thank you for resending the diagnostic but it appears this one was also corrupted. This can indicate a communication issue between the CONNECT and the network. With this player being wired you may need to replace the ethernet cable with a new one and let us know if anything changes.

Switched the ethernet cable, still have the out of sync sound. New Diagnostic 7418159.
Living room, bathroom, and portable are all relatively close. I can make any one of those three the group coordinator and they remain out of sync.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Sakofsky,

Please try playing audio with a different Group Coordinator. When grouping your devices, please make anything but the "Living Room" or "Office" player the group coordinator and let us know if your audio is still out of sync.
I I'm having the same problem with my system being out of sync. I submitted a diagnostic. My confirmation number is: 7413700. Thank you.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
The connect device is wired into the router, but I resent; confirmation 7409466.

Hi cfbroom,

Thank you for resending the diagnostic but it appears this one was also corrupted. This can indicate a communication issue between the CONNECT and the network. With this player being wired you may need to replace the ethernet cable with a new one and let us know if anything changes.

Hi cfbroom. welcome to the community. Your diagnostic did not come through properly, indicating some data transmission problems there, which are most likely related to your issue. Try connecting a Sonos player directly to the router, if you haven't already, and sending the diagnostic again. In this situation, the most likely scenario is wireless interference. Check out our help article on this and follow the steps there.

Badge +1
Hi ToolChick,

Our team was most likely still getting ready for the day as our support team lines open at 10 AM Eastern time. Based off the diagnostic, we do need to take a direct look at the setup with our phone support team.

When calling, please give the technician the reference number 170519-000013, which will have the updated diagnostic you submitted included in the notes as well.
Omar
I tried calling the number you gave me at 9:39 am eastern. It says offices closed. I have a new diagnostics code as it is happening again.
My play 1 pair is out of sync with the rest of the group.
Diagnostic 7410900.
Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi ToolChick,

Thanks for submitting those diagnostics, we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. To get this issue resolved, please call our Support Line at your earliest convenience. When calling, please give the technician the reference number 170519-000013. Our technicians are all experts and they will be happy to assist you in getting your music playing as intended again.