speakers not starting songs at the same time

• Contributor I
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have 2 sonos 1 stereo paid with a sub, 2 more sonos 1 stereo paired, a move and a roam. When skipping a track the move and roam will play right away. Sometimes the others will play right away then drop out then come back. Sometimes they just wont come on for 30 seconds or so.  I have unplugged them all and restarted the router. That didnt help. I changed the router channel from auto to channels 1, 6, and 11. Non of those helped. Any ideas would be appreciated im prettu frustrated. Thanks for your time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to wire any of your Ones directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Submitted diagnostic 1369543060

No im not they are not anywhere near the router

No im not they are not anywhere near the router

Are you iOS Airplaying the audio to the speakers, or are you using/grouping/playing the audio via the Sonos App?

I am grouping with the app. The 2 sonos 1 and sub are one group. Then 2 sonos 1. Then a move by itself and roam by itself. This setup worked great for over a year then started acting up about a month ago

Userlevel 7

Have you added any new devices recently that could be causing wireless interference?

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

I have not. I got the roam on Christmas but this issue started a couple weeks before that. 

I found that it only does this with amazon music. I disconnected it from my sonos account and reconnected. This did not help. 

Userlevel 7

It sounds like your network just can’t handle the amount of data streaming from Amazon Music. You might try changing the audio quality setting to Standard in the Amazon Music app, avoid grouping too many speakers together, boost your internet speed, or just use a different music streaming service altogether.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I am grouping with the app. The 2 sonos 1 and sub are one group. Then 2 sonos 1. Then a move by itself and roam by itself. This setup worked great for over a year then started acting up about a month ago

How are your “rooms” set up? Are you then grouping the rooms or are you starting play to each of the groups you’ve described? From your description above, the normal configuration for “2 Sonos 1 and sub” would be a stereo pair with sub bonded to them, and that set of speakers would be identified by a room name such as Lounge. In your description above, you call them a group. 

Yes that is how they are. They are set as rooms. 2 sonos 1 as a stereo pair with a sub in the livingroom. 2 sonos 1 as a stereo pair in the kitchen. And the move and roam on their own. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you tried SonosNet mode? If it is a network bandwidth issue that may lighten the load. 

I have not tried sonos net. But i have tried streaming just one room at a time and it still does the same. After about 30 seconds it gets it figured out and plays fun. But when a new song starts it does it again but only with amazon. All other services work fine.