Question

Speakers Not Connecting Right Away

• 22 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I recently got help with an issue of songs skipping and speakers cutting out, and that problem has been solved in this thread by  @Jean C.  However, I recently added a pair of Sonos One’s to replace two Play 1s that were in my kitchen. I moved the Play 1s to another location. It was working for awhile, but now when I play music across multiple speaker pairs, a couple of speakers might start up, then go off, and then come on again followed by the rest of the speakers.  I have one Play 1 that is hard wired to my Internet Router.  I’m also using S1 controller, because I have on original Play 5 that doesn’t work on S2.

Here’s a diagnostic from the last time it did this: 2065010541

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JasonAndrew.

Thanks for reaching out.

Thanks for submitting the diagnostic report, base on what we see on the diag. The Sonos One (Gen 2), Play 5, and Play one are getting wifi interference.

• Power cycle the speakers that's having an issue to restart the system, like any other device they need to restart once in a while.
  • Check if there are any other device/s near the mentioned speakers that are causing WiFi interference, if yes I suggest move them further to the speakers and observe if the speakers will still encounter any problem.
  • Since one speaker is hardwired to the modem or router just keep it that way for you to have Sonosnet.
  • If you’re still having an issue with your device kindly contact us and our phone agent will certainly assist you.
  •  

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi @Mark P .

I unplugged all my sonos speakers and then plugged them back in one by one starting with the hardwired one. I also moved one Sonos speaker further from a wireless router satellite. I’m still having the issue. Here’s the diagnostic: 2136345633

Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JasonAndrew.

Thank you for reaching out.

Audio dropped out and audio skipping is this happening thru all of your music services?

Can you tell me what are the music services that are affected and the one that is working perfectly?

We also consider the distance of one speaker to another the average distance should be around 10 to 15 feet.

Also, change the wifi channel on your Sonos app by going to Settings >> System >> Network >> SonosNet Channel and switch to channel 1.

You may also find this support document-link worth a read.   Audio playback stops or skips

If this still doesn't work, it would be better if we can reach our phone support. for them to further check the audio dropped out.