Answered

speakers lose connection

• 16 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

My speakers go silent every other minute or second and then continue to play the music. It is not all speakers at the same time, some keep playing while others go silent. This is a problem since many years but that has increased lately and is at its peak at this very moment.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 January 2022, 12:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Your initial post ideally needs to provide a bit more detail to perhaps be able to assist you, so I have a few questions about your local system setup…

• How many speakers do you have?
  • Are they running on S1/S2 Sonos App?
  • How do you connect your Sonos system to your local network? Are you using a SonosNet (wired connection) with one or more speakers?
  • What WiFi/SonosNet channels are you currently using?
  • What wireless network SSID (if any) is/are stored in your Sonos App network settings?
  • Is the issue happening with more than one music/audio source and which sources are problematic and how are you playing those audio sources …(Sonos App/Airplay/Connect/Bluetooth/SMB/Other?)
  • What type of WiFi are you using - is it a centrally based WiFi router or WiFi mesh.. any other extenders or power-line adapters?

Also have you already tried a full reboot of your Router/LAN and all Sonos devices?

There are also these two links that you may find helpful too before replying back with the above additional information…

Wireless Interference Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

Ken,

thank you for taking the time!

I have replied to each bullet point below.

• How many speakers do you have? 7
  • Are they running on S1/S2 Sonos App? S2
  • How do you connect your Sonos system to your local network? Are you using a SonosNet (wired connection) with one or more speakers? All speakers are connected via wifi, not using SonosNet.
  • What WiFi/SonosNet channels are you currently using? I am not sure. However, I am not able to chose SonosNet as it is marked in grey at channel 11.
  • What wireless network SSID (if any) is/are stored in your Sonos App network settings? The one we use- Syren
  • Is the issue happening with more than one music/audio source and which sources are problematic and how are you playing those audio sources …(Sonos App/Airplay/Connect/Bluetooth/SMB/Other?) We usually listen to Spotify via SonosNet App.
  • What type of WiFi are you using - is it a centrally based WiFi router or WiFi mesh.. any other extenders or power-line adapters? Mesh only

Also have you already tried a full reboot of your Router/LAN and all Sonos devices? Yes sir!

Best regards

Fredrik

As you are using a mesh based WiFi system, I would perhaps wire one Sonos device only to your main WiFi mesh hub  (not one of its satellites). Try the setup running on SonosNet channel 11 which will become available to you in the App once you cable a speaker as suggested.

Ensure that the cabled speaker is not a HT surround or Sub… it’s best if it’s a standalone device (if practicable) Also keep that wired device one metre away or more from the mesh hub/router.

If (and only if) you have no Sonos portable products in your system/household, when you have wired a device, goto “Settings/System/Networks/Manage Networks” in the Sonos App and select/remove your WiFi credentials as these are not required when using a SonosNet connection.

See if that then improves things for you.

Thank you very much Ken!