Answered

Speakers keep going out of sync

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies
I have 3 sonos speakers in my kitchen, 2 x Play 1 and a Sonos 1. The stereo paired Play 1's keep going out of sync with the Sonos One. Either as soon as I start to play music, or they can be fine for a while and then sudenly drop out of sync. Can anyone help please?
icon

Best answer by ratty 10 January 2019, 10:52

Presumably the speakers are grouped. If they aren't grouped, and you start the same source (e.g. a radio station) on them separately, they won't be in sync.

Assuming they're correctly grouped, try building the group starting with the other 'room'. If the problem persists, and/or is dependent on the 'coordinator' (i.e. the first room in the group), then submit a diagnostic after a loss of sync and post the confirmation number. It could be a wireless problem but there is a rare hardware fault which can cause this issue.

View original

3 replies

Presumably the speakers are grouped. If they aren't grouped, and you start the same source (e.g. a radio station) on them separately, they won't be in sync.

Assuming they're correctly grouped, try building the group starting with the other 'room'. If the problem persists, and/or is dependent on the 'coordinator' (i.e. the first room in the group), then submit a diagnostic after a loss of sync and post the confirmation number. It could be a wireless problem but there is a rare hardware fault which can cause this issue.
Thanks ratty. The speakers are grouped. I'll follow your advice. Much appreciated,
I have this same issue, the apps also have an issue I guess it comes on my wifi and directly my cable then when I remove it try to use the wifi on my room nothing, Sonos play 5 1st gen.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings