Speakers keep going missing from system & S2 app crashes frequently

• 21 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 18 replies

Hi All, 

I’ve 4 products (Beam, Bass & 2x One SL’s) which were working fine until recently where my Asus RT-AC88U crashed and needed to restore.

After restore I’ve not been able to restore the system and had to perform factory reset to both One SL.

I’ve gone thru the community link for ASUS router setting and have done the needed settings in wireless to prevent the disconnection issue. 

1. Disable Airtime Fairness
  2. Enable IGMP snooping

Now, if the products are connected via ethernet cable - they should up fine on my S2 App. However the min they are removed, they disappear shortly after with a message - unable to connect to Sonos.

On top of that the S2 app on my iPhone OS 14.01 keeps crashing. It will not launch despite quitting the application and restarting.

This is driving me insane as nothing has changed except router was recently restored and both SL also restored and re-paired via ethernet and subsequently removed and allowed to connect wirelessly.

The next time I attempt to open the S2 application it immediately crashes and when it finally opens, the system goes completely missing.

I’ve also tried resetting the S2 app and when restarted it will not detect any Sonos system on my wifi network.

ps. Sonos S1 will not work according to the application prompt

10 replies

Hi All, 

I’ve 4 products (Beam, Bass & 2x One SL’s) which were working fine until recently where my Asus RT-AC88U crashed and needed to restore.

After restore I’ve not been able to restore the system and had to perform factory reset to both One SL.

I’ve gone thru the community link for ASUS router setting and have done the needed settings in wireless to prevent the disconnection issue. 

1. Disable Airtime Fairness
  2. Enable IGMP snooping

Now, if the products are connected via ethernet cable - they should up fine on my S2 App. However the min they are removed, they disappear shortly after with a message - unable to connect to Sonos.

On top of that the S2 app on my iPhone OS 14.01 keeps crashing. It will not launch despite quitting the application and restarting.

This is driving me insane as nothing has changed except router was recently restored and both SL also restored and re-paired via ethernet and subsequently removed and allowed to connect wirelessly.

The next time I attempt to open the S2 application it immediately crashes and when it finally opens, the system goes completely missing.

I’ve also tried resetting the S2 app and when restarted it will not detect any Sonos system on my wifi network.

ps. Sonos S1 will not work according to the application prompt

I found out that new routers are to fast for the sonos speakers (mainly the DTIM-intervall), use these settings on you asus router and the speakers should appear. Note that I also changed the channels to 52 and 5 on 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

Userlevel 1

After many many hours with Sonos support on chat , I am only running S1 products with Asus main router  RTAC88U with AiMesh 2 nodes 1 88U node 2 node 68u I have discovered that IGMP snooping and IGMP proxy need to be enabled …..this fix has taken months to find

but finally have a stable S1 system …. was great for 10yrs and bad for 2yrs 

anyone with 88U reach out for config setting 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @chris49 

Thanks for sharing that! I’m sure it will help a few people.

Glad to hear things are stable for you again.

Hi Corry,

I’m having similar issues since I switched to an Asus wifi 6 router. It’s driving me insane. Would it be possible to have someone from your team help me fix this?

Thanks!

You’ve read these two threads, hopefully:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for these. Looks like Asus and Sonos are just not working together very well. Wonder if I choose another brand of router, it would solve the problems.

Br

Not sure, honestly. It depends on the issue. If it’s one that’s delineated in either of those two threads, then perhaps. But I’d certainly start by submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Get a different router. ASUS is a poor choice for reliable Sonos usage (see links above). I personally use AmpliFi.

Badge

Update: After connecting beam via ethernet, I am able to rejoin my Sonos system however only the Beam appears. Rebooted One SL and it started showing up in the S2 app.

Spotify doesn't detect any speakers available via the Spotify app like it used to.

Removed Spotify from services and now unable to connect to Sonos reappears. No system available again on my network. 

System is missing again for some reason. Account, system and services is greyed out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @ussr, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Let me help you with this.

Please submit a diagnostic report of your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.