speakers drop out

• 3 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi

My Sonos setup has recently started to have problems with speakers dropping out . I have an open plan lounge ,dining,kitchen . System as follows

lounge has play around , sub and two play ones as surround with play around connected to tv with optical . This on its own works perfectly . Kitchen area has play 5 Gen 2 . Dining has play 3 and originally had bridge connected to router but now has boost. 
lounge set up works perfectly on tv with no problems . Play 5 and play3 work perfectly ok on Spotify or Amazon music . When playing Spotify or Amazon on full setup , all lounge speakers drop out periodically. It also done this with bridge towards the end just before I changed to boost which I had hoped would fix the issue . Prior to that the system worked perfectly well since 2016 !

Its now driving me mad and I’m on the verge of scrapping the lot , please help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Note that you should not run the ethernet cable to a surround speaker. It needs to be to a “room”, not a surround or Sub.

Userlevel 7

If you connect one of your speakers to your router with an ethernet cable, it will create a SonosNet mesh network that could improve the network performance of all of your speakers. So if you connect the Play:3 to your router, it could fix the problems with your other speakers.

I’ve done the reboot and reconnected all the speakers again but it made no difference , I can easily connect the play 3 with Ethernet cable but it’s not one of the ones that’s dropping out 

Userlevel 7

Have you rebooted your router? Are you able to connect any of your speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable?