Answered

Speakers cutting out when watching it through aux cable

• 10 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a play 5 also two play 1’s paired together, the play 1’s are paired as left and right. The play 5 is the speaker with aux cable in, when listening to music it’s fine but when listening to sound out of tv it keeps cutting out every few seconds? My diagnostics ref is 560750741
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 January 2019, 19:45

Hi jordanmallon,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see a bit of wireless interference which could be making it hard for your Play:5 to stream the TV's audio to your other speakers. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if that helps.

Audio from line-in sources, such as your TV, can often use up a lot of bandwidth. In many cases it is best to set the compression level on the line-in audio to compressed. You can do this in the Sonos app's settings menu under advanced settings. This will introduce a bit of a delay though, so it may not be a great option for TV audio.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi jordanmallon,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see a bit of wireless interference which could be making it hard for your Play:5 to stream the TV's audio to your other speakers. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if that helps.

Audio from line-in sources, such as your TV, can often use up a lot of bandwidth. In many cases it is best to set the compression level on the line-in audio to compressed. You can do this in the Sonos app's settings menu under advanced settings. This will introduce a bit of a delay though, so it may not be a great option for TV audio.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings