Answered

Speaker won't work individually

• 24 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I have 2 speakers. They do not appear to be grouped however when I ask Alexa to play something through Amazon music I get the response “Amazon is streaming on another device. Do you want to stream on this device instead?”

I’ve turned both off and on again. I’ve rebooted the router. I’ve also reloaded Sonos app. Now I can communicate with Alexa but cannot play any music from Amazon nor can I connect to a local radio through TuneIn.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 April 2022, 05:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

There is currently a partial outage with Sonos and Alexa Voice Control:

https://status.sonos.com

Thank you very much. I’ll sit tight and not touch anything else in case I break it!!

😊

Thanks for getting back to check to see if I was happy with the advice.

Happily we can once again access Amazon through Alexa. Unfortunately if we try to stream separate music through both speakers we get the following response - “Amazon is streaming on another device. Do you want to stream on this device instead?”

We can, however, stream Amazon music on one speaker and a radio station using Tune In, or 2 separate stations. We’ve never had this problem previously.

I hope you can advise on how to fix the problem.

Regards

Ian 

Greetings & Help! A month ago I posted a request for advice/assistance regarding my 2 Sonos speakers that for some reason will no longer allow us to play separate Amazon music on each speaker. Sadly we are still getting the following message when we try to stream separate music on the devices- "Amazon is streaming on another device. Do you want to stream on this device instead?”

I would really appreciate some advice from the experts in the Community (clearly not me!)

Cheers Ian