Speaker turns on with max volume

• 2 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have several speakers throughout my home. However my Play:5 always turns on cranked to the max! It is extremely startling and frustrating!!! All others remain at the volume they were set to before turned off. Why is this one speaker winky??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Play:5 from power for a couple of minutes.

I’ve never seen this, so I’d recommend a couple of things to try. 

First, try just unplugging the speaker from the power for a couple of minutes. That will force the device to reboot the OS when it is plugged back in. Test, of course, to see if that resolved the problem.

If that doesn’t work, and since you have other Sonos speakers that are storing your system settings, you could do a full factory reset of the device, and then add it back to your system to see if that resolves the problem. 

But, if neither of those fix the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.