Speaker stops playing my music and plays other random music

• 4 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I have 2 Sonos 1 speakers, one upstairs and one downstairs - had about a month or so. I’ve been playing music using Airplay on both speakers, when suddenly music cuts out and then random music starts playing. 

It appears to be from a Pandora account, but no songs or stations that seem to be on my account. Nobody in the house has told Alexa to play anything- it just happens automatically. It keeps happening now over and over after a few songs play. 

I re-authorized my Pandora account, but it happened again. 

I don’t understand how the speakers can just start playing something else without my interaction - even if it were my Pandora music. There’s been no internet service disruption today, although there was a couple days ago. But nothing happened on that day. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I would try changing your Pandora password. You can also request for Pandora to remove and sign out of all devices associated with your account here:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Remove-Devices-Sign-Out-Of-All-Devices/td-p/65222

You can also require a password to play music to your speakers over AirPlay by adding your speakers as an accessory in Apple’s Home app. Then adjust the settings in the Home app under Home Settings > Allow Speaker & TV Access.

Thanks, I will try both. 

So I did those things.

1. Changed my Pandora password
  2. Set up home accessories and required password to play music on speakers. 

It just happened again while Pandora was playing - 5 mins ago tops. I sent in a diagnostic report. I don’t understand how the music can be changed without my intervention. 

You will need to contact Sonos with the confirmation number of the diagnostic, if you have not already done so.