Answered

Speaker Set Up Always Cuts Out at Our Restaurant

• 15 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Our restaurant has two Sonos 5 in stereo mode with a Sub, and then 2 separate Sonos 1. We constantly have problems with speakers dropping out and dont know how to fix?

We have a Sonos BOOST. We also use a Sonos Connect to connect a digital music player. Toggling these or the speakers on and off doesnt seem to help. 

Maybe its a Wifi issue? But I checked and every speaker is on the Boost network. 

Its maddening! Any advice much appreciated 

Diagnostic: 362934694

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 June 2022, 01:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices including the Boost. Then reboot your router and plug the Boost back in. Then plug the Sonos devices back in.

Also be aware that humans are excellent sources of absorption of the frequencies used by Wifi and SonosNet. The larger the number of people in your environment, the higher the possibility of wifi interruption. 

If you can, wire each of the PLAY:5s to your router, and drop the BOOST.

yes i hope to wire them soon but have to tear up the ceiling to do so..

Until you can run the wires, try to elevate the BOOST and players above the crowd. I assume that BOOST is the only wired unit. If it is too close to the router there might be some interference between them. Moving the BOOST a foot or two might help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What does your Network Matrix look at, both with the room empty and full of folks?

If you are grouping the Sonos you might want to use the Connect as the first speaker in the group, that might cut down on your bandwidth requirements.

If the unplug/reboot works to solve the problem you might want to use your router’s DHCP page to set static/reserved for all your Sonos devices. Do the power cycle again once all are set.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Adete 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

At the time that you submitted the diagnostics the app was not connected to the Sonos system so there isn’t any information there to view. Please resubmit while connected and reply here with the number given. Thanks.