Answered

Speaker Keeps Turning Off

• 20 October 2018
  • 11 replies

Badge
My Sonos 5 keeps turning off (meaning no LED). Then, later it will become available and works. What's going on?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 20 October 2018, 21:48

Diagnostic time then, post it here or on one of the 24x7 support sites.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Check your power outlet and the Sonos cord at both ends, if it is good you likely need to call Sonos on Monday to get a replacement sent out. You might want to send in a diagnostic as soon as you see the LED come back on so they have the internal data to look at. They will need the number your controller shows you at the end of the submit process.
Badge
Did some more research. So, when I start up my laptop the LED on the speaker flashes white. Once I connect with my phone, it turns solid white and I can play music. However, once I shut down my laptop or put it to sleep the speaker shuts down completely and the LED light turns off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Are you sure power isn't getting turned off to your speaker? Maybe it is on a power strip with your laptop?

Booting up: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226#Flashing_White
Badge
Yes, I’m sure. They are in separate rooms and on separate circuits.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Diagnostic time then, post it here or on one of the 24x7 support sites.
Badge
Sorry for the delay. I rebooted my laptop and it seemed to have resolved it issue, but I was wrong. Below is the number for the system diagnostic submission: 1614749043
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry for the delay. I rebooted my laptop and it seemed to have resolved it issue, but I was wrong. Below is the number for the system diagnostic submission: 1614749043

Thanks for sending in the report. Unfortunately, there's no data from your Sonos speaker in the report. The speaker's LED will flash when they update their network information. It may be that a device on your network is being assigned the same network address as your speaker, which would make it unavailable on the network. Though I can't imagine why your laptop being on or not would matter to the power reaching the speaker. At this point it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this one live. Please call us up, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Badge
Hi - The last one I submitted was when the speaker was offline. It came up again (after another reboot of my laptop). I've submitted another diagnostic with the speaker online. 1886218783
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi - The last one I submitted was when the speaker was offline. It came up again (after another reboot of my laptop). I've submitted another diagnostic with the speaker online. 1886218783

That diagnostic report came through with formatting errors so I was unable to read it, mind sending in another one?
Badge
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks, I was able to read this one. I'm not seeing anything that would explain the behavior you've described though. Can you reproduce the issue, then send along a new report? Otherwise it may be best to have our phone team troubleshoot this live.