Speaker Defect / Popping

Hello

Have anyone else experienced a Sonos One defective speaker?

I ordered 3 Sonos One back in 2021 for my restaurant, they are easy to install, audio is amazing but all 3 of them had the speaker replaced because it started to sound bad, popping, the internal soft speaker part fails and we don’t event turn the volume up to 60% all the time

I replaced the speakers with 3rd party parts from Aliexpress cause Sonos don’t sell the replacement speaker / woofer

I guess it was a bad batch but now I am thinking of buying one again , it’s a shame

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @diegoromo21 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It’s a shame that you opened the units - we would have replaced the entire units, free of charge, if they did indeed have blown woofers. We do not offer spare parts for repair, but we do replace units if they are not up to standard.

Please be assured that if you buy another and have the extraordinarily bad luck of seeing another fail in the same way (it is not, by any means, common), we will replace it as long as the unit has not been opened. This caveat is to ensure the safety of our technicians who process the returned units.

Thanks @Corry P the problem is that I live in Costa Rica, so it's hard for me to send them back to US, it's easier to buy but not to return.

Does this apply even if they have more than 1 year of being purchased?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @diegoromo21 

Does this apply even if they have more than 1 year of being purchased?

Yes. The woofer should not blow under normal use and if it does so, we would replace the unit.

A common way for people to return their speakers if they are in an unsupported country is to post them to a friend/relative who is in a supported country for them to action the return on their behalf. It’s not ideal, but it is an option.