Answered

Soundbar volume affected by electric fan etc.

• 20 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

It seems my SONOS soundbar is continually adjusting when I have an electric fan on near it. It also seems to do this when many people are in the house. 

It’s as if it’s auto-adjusting it’s output to my Sony Bravia. 

This means that sometimes even at 0 volume it can still be heard. I continue pressing down on the volume and it seems to reset itself. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 July 2021, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Which Sonos Soundbar are you talking about?

Any Sonos device being fed by you Sony Bravia would be controlled by the volume on the Sony, as designed. You can also use the Sonos controller for TV volume. When playing music, not TV input, only the Sonos controller would control the output of the Sonos.

Which Sonos Soundbar are you talking about?

Any Sonos device being fed by you Sony Bravia would be controlled by the volume on the Sony, as designed. You can also use the Sonos controller for TV volume. When playing music, not TV input, only the Sonos controller would control the output of the Sonos.

Cheers Bruce.

It’s a SONOS Playbar, bought in 2018/9. 

It’s as if the Soundbar is constantly adjusting for the room, although I hear you regarding the TV. We use our Sky remote for controlling the TV volume. 

That’s odd. The PLAYBAR, which I’ve owned two of, does not have a microphone built in to it in order to change any volume based on a fan. 

I’m wondering if you’re experiencing more of a wifi interference issue, although honestly, with a digital signal, it should be either on or off, not to mention the fact that when it’s playing the TV content, it’s completely coming across the optical cable, and there shouldn’t be any interference at all. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this concern, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.