Question

Soundbar cuts out periodically

• 11 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge
Seems like I have a problem similar to others that I have read about.

I have my cable box directly connected to Sonos soundbar using the optical cable. I have a 5.1 set up with 2 play 1's for the rear. Periodically when I play a source from cable, sound cuts out for a second. I don't think this is a wifi issue since this happens even when I play back a recorded show from the cable DVR. When I rewind and playback the same part that cut out, it does not cut out again. That tells me that it is not the recorded "source".

I am playing DD 5.1 as seen in my "about sonos" for the playbar.

What can I check? I already changed the Sonos network to talk on Channel 11 as it was on 6. No change. Can you give me ideas since I can not call between the hours Sonos support is available M-F.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

When the soundbar cuts out for a second, do you get low noise from the speakers as well? crackling sound (not loud tho) this happens when we watch TVor use Netflix etc. Happened after latest patch.. we had no problems before.. did you find a solution?