Answered

Sound worked yesterday on TV Apps but not today whats tge deal?

• 3 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Yesterday I was able to watch movies using Amazon or Netflix but today I am not able to get any sound from any app. I can however get sound from regular cable or satellite tv. Any idea whats going on?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 September 2017, 07:05

I think you all need to post a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Having the same issue
Ok FYI, just fixed sound for my apps. What I did was first I started the app that I wanted to use by playing a movie preview, next I unplugged the soundbar from the outlet and the digital audio cable from the soundbar. I waited 15 seconds then plugged the soundbar back up; then 10 seconds after that I plugged in the digital audio cable and all was well, the sound came right in as the preview was playing. Of course you may not have to take all of the same steps that I took but just thought I would share just in case it helps anyone.
Ok bad news, that was just a temporary fix. It works but you have to unplug and go through that process each time in order to get the sound to come in. So must be definitely an update error.
I have having the same issue after updating last software. will start after a few minutes but you loose it again if you pause or change anything. Talked to Samsung they diagnosed problem out of TV to Sonos player.
I think you all need to post a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926
Done that no response in 2 days. You would think Sonos would be all over this 2 of my friends having same problem, this is a major FU. Especially when people like me were blaming on TV manufacturer until they remotely diagnosed to audio equipment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Done that no response in 2 days. You would think Sonos would be all over this 2 of my friends having same problem, this is a major FU. Especially when people like me were blaming on TV manufacturer until they remotely diagnosed to audio equipment.
I just checked on our end and it looks like your system is all set and flagged for the update. Can you go into Settings and click Check for Updates in the app? You should have one available to fix the issue.