Question

Sound suddenly quits when watching netflix

• 29 May 2017
  • 6 replies

Hello all,

I have a playbase connected with two play 1 in surround mode. This setup is connected with my Samsung Smart TV.

Everything works fine except for one thing:

Sometimes (not regularly, just sometimes), when watching Netflix through the Samsung Netflix app, the sound stops. After that I have to pause/play or rewind or start/stop the movie to get my sound back. When the sound stops, the movie keeps playing.

Does anyone know why this is and what to do?

Sound is set to ext. Speakers and dolby output.

Kind regards,
Bart

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, Barth1234. Welcome to the community. Would you please submit a diagnostic of your system and respond with the corresponding confirmation? One of our agents will take a look. Thanks.
I have the same issue been experiencing for a while now. Doesn't happen when listening to just the tv but as soon as through sonos, I have blank areas goes mute at times and then picks up. Also the system is not as loud even when I put it on almost all the way at times i get half the sound. I have a playbar and sub with 2 play1
Hi jrzygrl71, welcome to our Community.

What is the brand and model number of the TV that is connected to your PLAYBAR? We'd like to determine if there might be a known issue with the television.
Hello, Barth1234. Welcome to the community. Would you please submit a diagnostic of your system and respond with the corresponding confirmation? One of our agents will take a look. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response (I wasn't in the country). I waited till I had the chance to do a diagnosis just after the sound dropping. The number is 7483030.
I'm experiencing the same problems and was wondering if you found a solution Barth1234.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello barth1234, It appears your PLAYBASE is having trouble with the audio it is receiving. It may not be encoded in the correct format. Are you able to make sure your TV and any source connected to the TV (e.g. streaming box, games console, blu-ray player, TV box) are set to output PCM or Dolby Digital? They should all be set to the same format, either all on PCM or all on Dolby Digital.

The same advice also applies to you Faylival.