Answered

Sound keeps dropping in and out when listening multi room diagnostic 1804566527

• 12 January 2019
  • 4 replies

When i listen on multi room group i often get the music voting in and out across the speakers. It gets worse as i as more rooms. It also seems to be particularly bad when i group in the sonos:connect. It seems to be getting worse over the past few months. I ran a diagnostic today 1804566427.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 28 January 2019, 19:52

Hi Jeff S, I've reset the wireless and rebooted al speakers. I reran the diagnostic, number 2103374755 if you need to check. I'll monitor and see if all works.
Thanks

When this diagnostic report was submitted, there were still 3 speakers connecting through your wireless network: the landing, master and bathroom. If any issues continue, see if you can reposition things so that one of your other speakers is a bit closer to one of the above 3. That should help them connect through the Sonos mesh instead.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When i listen on multi room group i often get the music voting in and out across the speakers. It gets worse as i as more rooms. It also seems to be particularly bad when i group in the sonos:connect. It seems to be getting worse over the past few months. I ran a diagnostic today 1804566427.

Hi phatcapsicums,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the late response. Some of your Sonos units are connecting through your wireless network, while the others are connecting through the Sonos mesh. This can make it hard for your Sonos speakers to stay in sync. Please head into the Sonos app's settings menu, choose advanced settings, then select wireless setup. Here you should reset the wireless login credentials. This should ensure that all of your speakers connect through the Sonos mesh.

Once this is done, it would be best to reboot your speakers by removing them from power for ten seconds or so.
Hi Jeff S, I've reset the wireless and rebooted al speakers. I reran the diagnostic, number 2103374755 if you need to check. I'll monitor and see if all works.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks

When this diagnostic report was submitted, there were still 3 speakers connecting through your wireless network: the landing, master and bathroom. If any issues continue, see if you can reposition things so that one of your other speakers is a bit closer to one of the above 3. That should help them connect through the Sonos mesh instead.
I am in the same boat as you with the multi room system problems. I bought the sonos based upon the fact it marketed up to 32 sonos speakers working. I have a total of 18 sonos products (3 connects, 2 Play 5’s, 2 subs, 4 play 3’s, 5 play 1’s, 1 playbar, 1 boost). The system DOES NOT even handle these!!! Granted that 2 rooms have multi speaker set ups grouped, which may complicate things. BUT - I have run every diagnostic, been through this a number of times. The system just does not support anywhere near 16 speakers through “the mesh”, wireless... the solution Sonos gives???? Hook up to a cat 5/6 cable!!!! Why would I spend so much on a system that is marketed as wireless to wire!!! I live in a 7,500 sq foot house (plus basement - more like 11,500). The cost to run wiring would be a fortune. And it completely defeats the point of sonos. The real shame of it is that I wanted to add more. I really am not too concerned - but I don’t like Sonos’ false advertising and the fact that they had me purchase the boost to “better handle” the system (did nothing). I have a 4 unit WiFi system that is better than “mesh” (more robust, works as a mesh - one WiFi “spot”, no drop offs) / truly top notch. It covers 3 acres of ground and all floors of house seamlessly.. Maybe Sonos should license technology to get their system to deliver in the marketing promise!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings