sound from one specific app no longer playing on Sonos

• 6 September 2021
  • 9 replies

I have been running the Syrinscape app on my ipad and using airplay to play the music on my Sonos system (two symfonisk lamps) for a while without issues. Today I added a Sonos Roam to my system. Now the sound from the Syrinscape app is no longer played from the Sonos speakers, eventought my ipad is still connected to the speakers. The sound now only comes from the ipad speaker.  Every other app I use on the ipad still has its sound redirected to the Sonos speakers. Anyone an idea what could cause just one app to malfunction?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Try deleting and reinstalling the app and rebooting the iPad.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but the problem remains. (I have the same app on my iphone, and that one is having the same problem as well since today) 

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the SYMFONISK lamps from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router.

Did that. Now the symfonisk lamps are no longer listed in the list of airplay speakers, and not listed in the Sonos app :S

Userlevel 7

Completely power off the Roam by pressing and holding the button on the back for about five seconds until you hear a descending chime. Then reboot your phone and see if the SYMFONISK speakers appear on the Sonos app again.

Did that. The symfonisk speakers are visible again in Sonos app and in the list of airplay devices. The Roam is reported as offline in the Sonos app. (Its switched off). Unfortunately the sound issue is still there. I guess it might be more of an app issue then a sonos issue.

Describe your network for us. What model router are you using? Are there any additional access points? Which additional SONOS and Symfonisk models are you using? What is wired to the network? What is wireless? Thermostats? Cameras? TV? ROKU? CHROMCAST? etc.?

Modem: Fritz!box 7590

The modem is connected with cable to:

• Philips Hue Bridge
  • TP Link Deco P9 Powerline Mesh

The TP Link wifi network is used by:

• iPad 2018
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 12
  • HP envy all in one printer
  • Samsung smart monitor M5
  • 2x IKEA SYMFONISK
  • 1x Sonos Roam

The problem I have with Syrinscape sound no longer playing on wifi speakers occurs on all 3 iOS devices. (iPhones + iPad)

Think I have a very decent workaround that does not use airplay that solves my problem: when I connect the iOS devices that is running the Syrinscape app with the Sonos Roam using bluetooth, sound does come from roam speaker instead of iOS device . Then I can use the Sonos app to play the sound of the Roam on the other speakers as well. Seems to work consistently. Looking forward to testing it during gamenight :D