Sound cutting out on playbar and play one surrounds

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

230 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

I just wanted to update you all here. This thread currently has a few different issues that are getting grouped together as the same thing but are actually different.

There is a specific issue where the rear surround speakers will flutter quietly up and down in volume on some systems. This occurs only when playing PCM or stereo sound (like you would get from many normal TV channels). We have a patch available for the systems experiencing this issue which has had great success.

This thread was updated already with this information but we apologize for not posting the same information here (or merging the two together).

If you're experiencing an issue where the Surrounds for your TV sound very quiet or will flutter in audio please reply back to this post with a diagnostic from your system and we'll get you flagged for that patch.

If one of your channels is cutting out but not the other, such as greg78x seems to be experiencing, than I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care Line to continue troubleshooting. 

Cheers.

Thanks Chris, you're flagged for that update now too.

Cheers.
Hello,

I just wanted to update you all here. This thread currently has a few different issues that are getting grouped together as the same thing but are actually different.

There is a specific issue where the rear surround speakers will flutter quietly up and down in volume on some systems. This occurs only when playing PCM or stereo sound (like you would get from many normal TV channels). We have a patch available for the systems experiencing this issue which has had great success.

This thread was updated already with this information but we apologize for not posting the same information here (or merging the two together).

If you're experiencing an issue where the Surrounds for your TV sound very quiet or will flutter in audio please reply back to this post with a diagnostic from your system and we'll get you flagged for that patch.

If one of your channels is cutting out but not the other, such as greg78x seems to be experiencing, than I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care Line to continue troubleshooting. 

Cheers.

Hi Ryan,
 3343931 is my diagnostic conf number. I am experiencing the fluttering surround speakers with 2 play 1's attached to a playbar. Please flag my unit for the update.

Aaron
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hello Aaron,

You're set now. Go ahead and update.

Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Confirmation code 3338330. Having cut outs using Apple TV w playbar and play:3 surround setup.
Hello,

You've been flagged for the update too. If you haven't yet, go ahead and check for updates. If you're still having cutouts though, you'll want to give us a call on our Customer Care Line.

Cheers.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue on a recently purchased set of 2 Play 1s and a Playbar. Please flag my unit for this update. My diagnostic number is 3345704
Hello,

Cheers.

I am experiencing a flutter on my play 1s which function as surround for my playbar. Diagnostic is 3345728
Hello,

Cheers.

Flutter on my 1s. Diagnostic 3345750
Hello,

Cheers.

I am experiencing flutter on play 1s as well. diagnostic is 3345761
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hello Erikpupo, Forest, Julie, and User106502,

You're all flagged for the update now. Go ahead and check for updates and you should have one available.

Cheers.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi, Ryan.

Does the update you're flagging people for address the issue where the PLAYBAR cuts out at random for a second or two?  If so, will you please tell me how I can go about getting it?  I have been having this issue since I purchased the PLAYBAR in early December.  I have a few Diagnostic Confirmation Numbers: 3289893 and 3289898.  If the update doesn't address this issue, do you know if it can/will be addressed in the future?  I ask because I have until the end of January to return it.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Jonathan
Userlevel 2
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Jonathan, I know which issue you are having I am numerous other customers are having intermittent sound drops on their playbar and surround speakers.  I dont know where support is on fixing the issue but I can tell you they are actively working on it as we speak as I have been working them on and off for the past two months on the issue.  They have assured me they will find a resolution to the issue just cannot say when at this point. I can tell you that if you change your TV to output PCM instead of Dolby, it will correct the issue but the sound quality is unfortunately not near the same but it will stop the drop outs. Lets keep our fingers crossed they will find a resolution soon !!

Hope this helps.

Brice
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Jonathan,

This update is for the rear surrounds fluttering when listening to a stereo signal, only happens on some systems when listening to certain TV sources. Brice is correct, we are working on a cutout issue like you're describing. If you are having trouble I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care Line. A technician can take a look at your system and help.

Cheers.
Hello,

Cheers.

3349042 diagnostic number my 2 play 1's used as rears flutter in volume when using tv, Cheers, Andy
Hello,

Cheers.

Thank you, Brice and Ryan!  I appreciate the info, and I'm so glad to hear SONOS is working on a resolution to this issue.

Jonathan
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

@Andy, you're flagged for the update. Go ahead and check under Manage.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi I've just been in and updated the system and tried it again but this hasn't resolved the issue ??

Cheers

Andy
Hello,

Cheers.

3349264 diagnostics number. The sound of my two play 1 surrounds is very weak and flutters frequently. Please help... They are brand new. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

You're flagged for the update now User892219.
Hello,

Cheers.

I tried the update you sent me and it still hasn't solved my up & down volume on my 2 rear play 1's ? Is there anything else I could try ??? # 3349042. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

If you're still having trouble after the update please give us a call on our Customer Care Line so a technician can look into it. We're monitoring this update very closely and want to know exactly what's going on.

Cheers.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi - same issue. Diagnostics 3345691
Hello,

Cheers.

same here: 3350985
Hello,

Cheers.

same here: 3350985
Hello,

Cheers.

Fluttering play 1s here: diagnostic #3351918
Hello,

Cheers.

Two fluttering play 3s, with a playbar and sub all brand new. #3354143