Sound cutting out on playbar and play one surrounds

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

230 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello,

I just wanted to update you all here. This thread currently has a few different issues that are getting grouped together as the same thing but are actually different.

There is a specific issue where the rear surround speakers will flutter quietly up and down in volume on some systems. This occurs only when playing PCM or stereo sound (like you would get from many normal TV channels). We have a patch available for the systems experiencing this issue which has had great success.

This thread was updated already with this information but we apologize for not posting the same information here (or merging the two together).

If you're experiencing an issue where the Surrounds for your TV sound very quiet or will flutter in audio please reply back to this post with a diagnostic from your system and we'll get you flagged for that patch.

If one of your channels is cutting out but not the other, such as greg78x seems to be experiencing, than I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care Line to continue troubleshooting. 

Cheers.

Sorry missed to re-register after last installation. the problem remains with the fluctuating sound level on the play:1 surround speakers.
Hello,

I just wanted to update you all here. This thread currently has a few different issues that are getting grouped together as the same thing but are actually different.

There is a specific issue where the rear surround speakers will flutter quietly up and down in volume on some systems. This occurs only when playing PCM or stereo sound (like you would get from many normal TV channels). We have a patch available for the systems experiencing this issue which has had great success.

This thread was updated already with this information but we apologize for not posting the same information here (or merging the two together).

If you're experiencing an issue where the Surrounds for your TV sound very quiet or will flutter in audio please reply back to this post with a diagnostic from your system and we'll get you flagged for that patch.

If one of your channels is cutting out but not the other, such as greg78x seems to be experiencing, than I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care Line to continue troubleshooting. 

Cheers.

So far the update worked for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

@Elvin, great to hear.

@HaxAxel, Once you've re-registered your system, can you submit another diagnostic and reply back here so I can flag you for the update?

Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Hello,

Cheers.

Sure, now its #3318916.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Thanks, you've been flagged for that update, HaxAxel. Go ahead and update your system.

Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Hello,

Cheers.

I've been waiting for some time but still no update available in Manage > Check for Software Updates . So far Version: 4.2 (build 24071060) is what i have.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi HaxAxel,

Go ahead and try again now. Just re-flagged your system.

Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Hello,

Cheers.

Ok, it seemed to work in the sense that the fluctuating sound level is no more in stereo TV channels. However, I get the impression that the sound level in general for the background speakers are too low to provide a full surround "feeling" unless i set the surround sound level to the max (speaker distance set to 0.6 - 3m and we're no more than 1m from the speakers). 
Hello,

Cheers.

3323484 Diagnostic Number. I'm experiencing flutter when watching TV (HBO specifically).  I also find that the volume is too low for the surround speakers unless i say they are over 10 feet and turn the volume all the way up.  in fact, they are about 5 ft away (although somewhat obstructed by furniture.)
3324978 same flutter/ volume up and down
Same issue.. Flutter / cut out 3324978
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Jason,

Go ahead and check for updates, you have one available now.

Cheers.
I called tech support and got everything fixed! Thanks!
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi,

I am having the same exact issue where the noise is fluttering in and out on play 3s. Just submitted the diagnostic: 3330926 

Thanks,
Joe
Hi,

I am having the same exact issue where the noise is fluttering in and out on play 3s. Just submitted the diagnostic: 3330926 

Thanks,
Joe
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Joe,

Go ahead and check for updates, you have one available now.

Cheers.
Confirmation code 3338330. Having cut outs using Apple TV w playbar and play:3 surround setup.
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Ryan, I am having the same issues with my play1s. My diagnostic number is 338250. Thanks, Chris
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Ryan, 

I too am having the issues with my play1's in surround mode. I have changed the wifi channel, removed and then re-added. This is only when watching tv..the sound will flutter or be intermittent.

My Original Diagnostic number is 3340066

New Test conducted 30 mins after first test on another wifi channel Diagnostic Number 3340101

Thanks
Dean
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Ryan, My two Play 1's are fluttering in surround sound mode. My diag # is 3340228. Thanks Matt
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi,Both play 1 flutter in volume up and down in surround mode.

my diagnose nr: 3341056.
Hello,

Cheers.

I am also experiencing issue with A1 surround sound speakers fluttering in and out. My diagnosis report ID is: 3341335
Hello,

Cheers.

I am also experiencing issue with A1 surround sound speakers fluttering in and out. My diagnosis report ID is: 3341335
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

Cheers.

Hi Dean, Matt, ZW and Alan,

You're all flagged for the update, please go ahead and check for updates.

Chris, your confirmation number was one digit short. Can you please submit it again and reply with that number?

Thanks
Hello,

Cheers.

Resubmitted: 3343564 Thanks.