Sound cutting out on playbar and play one surrounds

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

230 replies

Keith, I use the latest version Apple AirPort Extreme>Netgear 8 port gigabit switch>Sonos devices.
Thanks,
Troy
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Coldones: Out of curiosity, does your Google WiFi router (that is hardwired to the PLAYBAR) broadcast wireless? How far are these two devices? I ask because the diagnostic report shows significant amounts of broadcast traffic and interference. It certainly is odd that this only happens when watching Dolby Digital content. It may be a good idea to give our support technicians a call to take a closer look at whats going on.

TroyJam: While the diagnostic report shows the SUB and CONNECT:AMP both plugged into the network, the PLAYBAR seems to be plugged into the network (assuming from the switch) and another device. What device is this? Additionally, you may want to remove the wireless network credentials from Sonos. This will ensure that should Sonos fail, it doesn't move over to the wireless network. Here's how:

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Sonos Controller App for Mac: Click Sonos > Preferences > Advanced > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Sonos Controller App for PC: Click Manage > Settings > Advanced > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Keith, it is the SUB that is connected to the second ethernet port on the PLAYBAR. Also, when I click >Wireless Setup I get this screen:
KeithN: The PLAYBAR is hardwired to the Google Wifi router that is located in the basement. The basement Google Wifi router is connected to a centralized ethernet switch that feeds network connectivity to various outlets throughout the house. The PLAYBAR is connected into one of those outlets.

I'm using the 3 pack Google Wifi system. It contains 3 different Wifi points, one of which is located in the basement as described above. The second Wifi point is located in the same room as the PLAYBAR. However, it sits probably 15 feet away from the PLAYBAR. The third Wifi point is upstairs.

I've seen numerous posts with other folks experiencing the same issue with Dolby Digital 5.1 cutting out and having to switch over to PCM as the only resolution. With that said, I don't suspect wireless interference is the issue in this case. It has something to do with how the PLAYBAR is processing Dolby Digital 5.1 signals. Prior to owning the PLAYBAR, I had a LG soundbar that was being fed the same DD 5.1 and didn't experience the dropouts.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
I solved my 5.1 audio dropout issue. It was the LAV audio filter decoder that I had enabled on my HTPC's media player (PotPlayer) that was causing my audio dropout problem. Disabled it and I'm all good.