Sound cutting out - Amazon Prime

• 29 January 2017
  • 18 replies

My sound keeps cutting out when watching amazon prime on my Panasonic TV. Works fine on Netflix app and works fine when watching the TV through sky box. Don't get it. All software been updated.

18 replies

What speaker are you using? How is it connected to the TV?

Have you made sure that (assuming it's a Playbar) that Amazon Prime is locked down (or maybe your TV) to Dolby Digital? i.e. it's possible that Amazon Prime is sending a DTS signal, or Dolby Digital Plus, or something else?

If it's not a Playbar, you've likely got other issues. I'd recommend running a diagnostic ( https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/diagnostic) within 10 minutes of the issue occurring, and posting the number here in this thread, so that someone from Sonos can take a look at your system, and see what the logs say, which would likely be better than any SWAG I make here based on almost no information provided.
Right so to answer the questions. It's a playbar connected by the optical cable straight into TV. It's also set up with 2 play3 for surround.

I've looked at the sound of the TV app and the TV itself. The app has no sound settings at all. The TV doesn't have anything that says Dolby digital. At least that I can find anyway
OK, is it the Amazon Prime app that your talking about built in to the TV set or is it on an external device? What is the model number of the TV? Did you run the diagnostic in the Sonos App that I suggested? What does the TV have as audio options? Have you looked at the "about my Sonos System" in the settings app to see what the Playbar is reporting it's receiving?
I have the same problem. Samsung amazon app audio cuts out. no other apps have this problem. submitted diagnostics. confirmation number is 8156141
I’m having the same issue with the Amazon Prime app on my Panasonic TV. After I have finished one episode and there is no sound when I start the next. Only way to get sound back is by unplugged the optical cable and reconnecting it, or, pausing the tv show, playing Spotify through the sound bar for a few seconds then resuming playback of show. Diagnostic Ref: 8220968
Same issue here, 8291098. (Posting on behalf of my parents.)
Same here Amazon & Panasonic 8306326 will someone from Sonus reply? This is a really frustrating issue. I wish I’d have bought a Bose system Sonus cannot come with many things.
Anyone get this resolved? I have been experiencing this as well, but with Netflix on Apple TV.
Sonus not great in replying, or updating firmware to latest, wish I’d bought Bose too☹️
Same problem here. Vizio TV, Sonos Playbar and 2 Play:1's, with Amazon Prime on Apple TV. Sound cuts out briefly, like a quick pause, every few minutes.
Same issue. LG OLED with Amazon prime video app. Sound cuts in and out. Diagnostics code: 1410585195
Badge
same issue with Amazon movies, Playbar, Samsung TV
Badge
Sonos Support?
J'ai le même problème. Le son de l'application Amazon amazon est coupé
sur mon boxtv jais installer cet application Amazon_prime_Video_4.2.43-nvidia-armv7a.apk
ilya des film avec audio et autre sans audio
svp repense .
Userlevel 2
Happens for me too, Playbase + 2 Play:1s and Vizio TV
I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Diagnostic Number 469211434.

I have the same issue with my Panasonic TV and Amazon Prime , turned off Sonos and used TV sound
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic Number 469211434.

I have the same issue with my Panasonic TV and Amazon Prime , turned off Sonos and used TV sound

Hi there,

In your report I see wireless communication errors between your components, particularly the kitchen unit. Please try changing the wireless channel your system using. Also, look around your kitchen unit for any third party electronics, such as a microwave, which could cause interference. You can try moving your speaker away or moving away the electronics.

There are also some great troubleshooting tips in this guide.