Question

"Sorry, we can't connect to Sonos" ALL OF A SUDDEN. CANNOT RECONNECT

• 21 February 2017
  • 1 reply

I ahve used Sonos for years. I have 2 Paly 5s, Play bar, sub, 5 Play 1s. All of a sudden I am getting the message in the Title aboe. I tried hardwiring one of the Play 1s. setup the wireless network again, Sonos recognized only that speaker initially but when I unplugged does not recognize it and cannot connect. I don't get it. Nothing has changed. Wireless signal is very strong and everything else on my phone and laptop that is connected to the wifi works find. HELP!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
hmmmmm ...

So aside from the temporary wiring of the Play 1, you do not have anything wired to the router (e.g. you are not using "SonosNet" for the communication between the speakers, but are using pure wifi)? (If you were using a device wired and running SonosNet, like a bridge or Boost, I might suggest replacing that device temporarily with a different player to see if it is the source of the lack of connection)

You can't connect to Sonos from any controller device?

....If trying from an iPhone or iPad, shut off "Wi-Fi Assist" in the "Settings", "Cellular", wayyy at the bottom.... "Wi-Fi Assist")