“Sorry i’m having trouble understanding right now. Please try a little later.”

• 11 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This hasn't been adequately answered in the  community as yet.

For me, it happens randomly (today) no new software, changes to voice assistant, etc. Random network drop outs have been a proposed culprit, but why does it still work if I use the Alexa on my phone. This fact alone points to issues in Sonos - either the microphone is not picking up the question / statement being made to Alexa correctly, or other wiring/electronics issues. However more likely a sonos network issue, given that all sonos products with microphones are equally affected.

Any thoughts, brilliant experienced sonos community?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Alexa is having difficulties in some areas/regions - see this link:

https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Good first step… but kind of non-specific. The link states that voice control isn’t currently available and that is in fact the issue. No reasons for why or for how long. How did you come across this link?

“Alexa functionality issue:

Identified - We've identified a problem with Alexa on Sonos and are working with them on a fix. You may not be able to use voice commands until it’s resolved.
Aug 11, 11:57 UTC”

And so I tried updating my controller and received update error 1101,

Hey, Sonos… let us know a little more on what to expect?

On the right side of this page is a large puce graphic, under the heading of ‘View Real Time Service Status’, which takes you to the page he linked to. That’s the official word from Sonos.

Since the great majority of issues are not with Sonos, but instead with the service’s own servers, Sonos doesn’t have a good time frame to share with the users. Only contacting the service itself might get an answer, but that’s dubious, too.

If you’ve ever dealt with software bugs, they’re a little hard to put in a specific time box. Most engineers will tell you ‘I’m looking at it. Once I find it, I can probably fix it quicker if I don’t have to stop and tell you when it will be fixed’.