Sony TV speakers sound better than Sonos Amp

• 21 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

New owner here. I installed my Sonos AMP this morning. Configuration is: Sony X900H, Sonos AMP driving two Paradigm Studio 20 V2 reference speakers (bookshelf) using HDMI ARC.  Problem- music is day and night compared to TV internal speakers. But during regular TV broadcasts, the TV internal speakers sound noticeably better than the Sonos/Paradigm configuration. Any thoughts?  I’ve adjusted the EQ. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Robert

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

What specifically about your internal speakers sounds better? Do your Paradigm speakers sound better it they are placed closer together? Do you have Loudness enabled in the Sonos app? 

I do have loudness enabled. It’s like the TV speakers have a better dynamic range during audio. Music sounds vastly improved with Paradigns abd Sonos AMP. I just disappointed the AMP doesn’t improve the sound when listening to dial is on broadcast TV. such as news broadcasts.