Answered

Sony KE48A9 - Sonos Arc - Apple TV 4k - Dolby Atmos

• 24 November 2021
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I have a Sony tv KE48A9 which is connected to my Sonos Arc via the (only) eArc connection on the tv.

How should I connect my Apple TV 4K to be able to have Dolby Atmos via the Sonos Arc.

Begore I purchase the new Apple TV 4K’ just want to be sure that it could work.

many feedback or tips are welcome !

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 November 2021, 21:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

As long as your TV has HDMI eARC, you should be able to get Dolby Atmos audio from an Apple TV 4K.

Connect the Apple TV 4K to one of the other HDMI ports on the TV. In the audio settings of the Apple TV, set Change Format to OFF and under Immersive Audio, make sure Dolby Atmos is ON.

On your TV’s audio settings, set eARC to AUTO, Digital Audio Out to AUTO 1, Dolby Digital Plus Output to DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS, and Passthrough to AUTO.

Hello GuitarSuperstar,

Thanks for the quick feedback and supportive response.

Are you familiar with recent Sony Bravia tv’s and where I could find these settings?

Userlevel 7

Hello GuitarSuperstar,

Thanks for the quick feedback and supportive response.

Are you familiar with recent Sony Bravia tv’s and where I could find these settings?

They should be found under your TV’s audio or HDMI settings. It could be under “Display & Sound”.

GuitarSuperstar,

so if I understand correctly, the Apple TV 4K can be connected via a normal HDMI while the connection between TV and Sonos Arc via eArc…correct ?

Userlevel 7

GuitarSuperstar,

so if I understand correctly, the Apple TV 4K can be connected via a normal HDMI while the connection between TV and Sonos Arc via eArc…correct ?

Yes.

Badge +1

same Sony TV, an Apple TV 4k (2021) and thinking about getting a 2nd Gen Sonos Beam

can you, please, confirm suggested connections/settings do work?

thnx