Question

Sony Bravia Remote Volume Not Working

• 25 May 2017
  • 7 replies

My Sony Bravia TV and Sonos Playbar are next to each other. My standard IR remote that came with my TV triggers the volume on my TV (it's fixed), but doesn't change the volume on my player - unless I get up close to the playbar and point the remote directly at the playbar instead of the TV sensor. Do I need to purchase a separate remote for the volume of the player? I'd rather keep it to one remote. Why does the IR information not come across the optical audio cable? Could I fix this by doing an ethernet cable from my TV to playbar? I've repaired my remote a few times and it works for a minute or so, then goes back to not working. Any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Have you done the obvious in the Sonos App?;
1. From the Menu, tap Settings.
2. Tap Room Settings and select the room your PlayBar is located in.
3. Tap TV Setup and Control and then Remote Control Setup.
4. Follow the in-app instructions to configure your new remote to control the PlayBar.
Yes. Twice. It works for a few seconds. Then goes back to not seeing it - unless I get really close. It's almost like the TV is seeing it first and the playbar isn't. When I hit the volume button the light on my TV blinks as it's seeing it, but the playbar doesn't. If I get up and point the remote a few inches from the playbar it works.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
I too have a Sony Bravia TV and have no issues. I'm not in front of the set right now but from memory, somewhere in the Sound settings I changed them to Auto 1 and Variable, not sure if that's something you can check or if it helps at all.
Thanks AtterKing. I'll take a look tonight when I get home and have a chance to play around.
AtterKing-
That was it. There is the normal menu and quick menu. I went into both and changed it again and now it's holding the fix. Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Glad to be of assistance
Badge
thank you! One less thing for me to worry about with my new tv setup :)
Have you done the obvious in the Sonos App?;
1. From the Menu, tap Settings.
2. Tap Room Settings and select the room your PlayBar is located in.
3. Tap TV Setup and Control and then Remote Control Setup.
4. Follow the in-app instructions to configure your new remote to control the PlayBar.