Sonos / worst software developers ever

Userlevel 1
Badge
Having purchased a multi room set up. Following the instructions... the connectivity issues just never stop. 'Unable to connect' is a better name for sonos. Waste of money. Speakers drop out. Rooms drop out. Amd if you do get any sound - it drops out. Sonos will go out of business as soon as decent comp. comes along. Hire some engineers that know how to code, test...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

66 replies

Jgatie. If the software has bugs and it isn't stable - the code is poor. And the engineers are responsible for the code. Cuase and effect.

My Sonos software is as stable as a concrete doorstop and bug free, as it is for millions of others. It's you who is the outlier.
Userlevel 1
Badge
You don't need to be employed directly. Negating 'sonos staff' labelling. Answer the question, do you profit in anyway directly or indirectly? Binary question. I suspect the answer is yes. No other logical explanation as to why you would jump in with a 'it isn't sonos' answer within minutes of my comment going live. Sonos hardware looks good but absolutely sucks. It doesn't work! And don't bother saying lots of many happy customer line... i don't care. I care about the £2k wasted on kit that doesn't work in my house due to the defect, bug infested software they pass of as fit for purpose. Multi room set ups don't work. Period.
Userlevel 1
Badge
They are all 100% sonos related. The software is terrible. @Belly M, are you paid directly or indirectly by Sonos. Or do you profit in anyway? If Sonos invested more effort in fixing these things than trying to deflect / they would be in better shape. @Stuart, its a typo. Get over it. Personal attacks on a sonos forum says everything you need to know about your approach to interaction.
Badge +18
I do not have to answer to you, sorry to spell it out... it's you that's the issue.

Take it back to wherever you bought it from.
You have network interference. Deal with it, or find another, "better" multiroom system. Good luck with that, lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My Sonos system has had a few issues over the years but have always found issues with my network or interference and had it resolved. It is rock solid 99.5% of the time.
If Sonos had major problems then a) This forum would be completely swamped with complaints and b) They wouldn't be so successful.

It may be that the Sonos system is too complicated for you and you should restrict yourself to a battery powered radio.
Belly M. Trying to blame everything but the source of the issue is very telling in itself. Its clear Sonos have an issue.

You have network interference. Repeating nonsense here isn't going to fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Stuart, you should learn some manners. It's not clever, it isn't smart and it def. isn't an attractive trait to try and belittle people just becuase someone expressed an opinion seperate to yours. Ignorance isn't smart.

I come onto this forum to, believe it or not, help people and learn things I didn't know.
Journalists find out the truth.

Truth is, Sonos has been the leading multiroom audio system for a dozen years thanks to top notch sound and build quality, and rock solid network stability that no one else can match. Your network interference is preventing you from experienceing that. Fix it.
Sigh.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Sigh.

Exactly! I get the feeling he just wants to argue rather than resolve an issue.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey All,

This thread got a bit off topic, so we've decided to lock it down. Many posts have been removed and others were edited to remove personal insults.

All Sonos staff on this community are identified with "Sonos Staff" next to their username.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Having purchased a multi room set up. Following the instructions... the connectivity issues just never stop. 'Unable to connect' is a better name for sonos. Waste of money. Speakers drop out. Rooms drop out. Amd if you do get any sound - it drops out. Sonos will go out of business as soon as decent comp. comes along. Hire some engineers that know how to code, test...

You perhaps? Though I do hope you can write coherent code because your English isn't really up to scratch.
Badge +18
So you have issues, not all of them Sonos related.

Suggest you contact Sonos directly, tell them of your problems as your post contains no useful information that any member of this forum could help with.
Badge +18
Sonos staff are clearly identified by the "Sonos Staff" wording next to their user name. I stand by my comment.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I'll bet I could get it working. I'll give you $50 for it!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I've reset it... done all the stuff reccomended. Bottom line is, i'm beyond wasting more time with it. I simply wanted to share and raise the issue about being ripped off. And hoping that at some point in time, sonos invest more effort in the product than marketing. Ultimately, it will fail otherwise.
Dude, you have network interference issues. Lots of experts here who will be very willing to help as soon as you drop the 'tude.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hahahaha. You made the statement. Not me. Pleading the 5th on a forum. Wow. So that's a yes then! Does a sub contractor of a sonos related vendor pay you to trot out 'it's not us' lines. Shame sonos doesn't invest this money on building and maintaining robust products.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Network interference issues... none of my other devices experience this. Sonos wireless kit sucks. And it becomes acute when you have a multi room set up. Thats the core issue. They rushed the products to market. And they have not dealt with it.
Badge +18
Rushed LOL
They are far and away the most successful wifi speaker maker in the world, due to the quality of their sound and network stability. You have network interference. No one has ever accused Sonos of rushing to market before, lol.
Network interference issues... none of my other devices experience this. Sonos wireless kit sucks. And it becomes acute when you have a multi room set up. Thats the core issue. They rushed the products to market. And they have not dealt with it.
Your other devices do not experience multi-room capabilities.

Recommendations for further reading:

Audio playback stops or skips
How to change the wireless channel
Reducing wireless interference
Userlevel 1
Badge
Being big doesn't mean it is good. I don't have network interference. I have poorly developed sonos 'unable to connect' hardware / software. Stability is an absulute joke. Sonos incoreectly beleive they can manage this risk / drown this out... think again. A far better strat. is to fix the problems.
Userlevel 1
Badge
'Network inteference' = 'sonos poor service/coding'. Call it what you will, deflect it away... it all points back to sonos.

I do have multi room services btw. TV.