Sonos / worst software developers ever

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

66 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Stuart, you should learn some manners. It's not clever, it isn't smart and it def. isn't an attractive trait to try and belittle people just becuase someone expressed an opinion seperate to yours. Ignorance isn't smart.

I come onto this forum to, believe it or not, help people and learn things I didn't know.
Userlevel 1
Badge
The issue is sonos code. Not interference. If the design, build and testing was adequate - paying customers would not need to fiddle about with it.
Chicks. Hahaha. Pathetic contribution. The issue is sonos code. Not interference. If the design, build and testing was adequate - paying customers would not need to fiddle about with it.
Most never need to fiddle with anything. You have network interference. Fix it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Stuart, irony is not lost on you!?! Trotting out sonos PR lines isn't helpful. Your time is wasted here. Sonos have a major issue. It will bite them in the end.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Chicks. More deflection. Now trying to question my character... hahaha. Your base play book approach speaks volumes. I'm a journalist investigating this issue on behalf of readers - this thread is very helpful.
Journalists listen, something you're clearly not interested in doing.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Journalists find out the truth.
Journalists find out the truth.

Truth is, Sonos has been the leading multiroom audio system for a dozen years thanks to top notch sound and build quality, and rock solid network stability that no one else can match. Your network interference is preventing you from experienceing that. Fix it.
Sigh.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Sigh.

Exactly! I get the feeling he just wants to argue rather than resolve an issue.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I've had Sonos since about 2006. It was rock solid then and it's still rock solid now. The only problem I had was when my router was playing up / giving out duplicate IP addresses. The product certainly wasn't rushed to market and isn't a coding issue. If you are using the wifi connection mode, I highly recommend switching to SonosNet mode (AKA boost mode) by wiring one of your Sonos components to your router. This is the original and best setup, especially if you have more than 2 Sonos devices (and/or lots of other wireless devices). If you don't need a speaker at your router I suggest getting a Sonos Boost or a Sonos Bridge off of e-bay (the cheaper solution) to wire into your router instead of a speaker. Only one Sonos device needs to be wired to switch to this superior setup mode. If you continue to have problems, please contact Sonos support. As a software developer for an insurance company in London, I can assure you that this is not a software issue. If you have an old router, I would recommend getting a new one. Your router is like the foundations of a house. Poor foundations = unreliable Sonos experience.
Some real journalism, from a New York Times company.

http://m.thewirecutter.com/reviews/sonos-player/
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Chicks. More deflection. Now trying to question my character... hahaha. Your base play book approach speaks volumes. I'm a journalist investigating this issue on behalf of readers - this thread is very helpful. I agree with the good advice you've already received. I have Sonos gear working well in two locations. Any time I've had connectivity issues, they have been related to my networks. Sonos has its faults, but connectivity is not among them.
Stuart, you should learn some manners. It's not clever, it isn't smart and it def. isn't an attractive trait to try and belittle people just becuase someone expressed an opinion seperate to yours. Ignorance isn't smart.

Says the guy whose thread title belittled and insulted a bunch of software engineers.

Can you say "hypocrite"? I thought you could. 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge
Jgatie. If the software has bugs and it isn't stable - the code is poor. And the engineers are responsible for the code. Cuase and effect.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Toolio. Connectivity isn't an issue. Hahahahaha. Wow, you must be on the sonos payroll too. Seriously, you honestly beleive that. You have zero credibility when you state things that simply aren't true. Sonos software sucks. Rushing products out the door always bites you in the end.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
We're all on the Sonos payroll!
Sonos pay us by giving us the virtual magic of multi-room synced music at the touch of a button. Controlled with ease and more songs than you can shake a stick at.
Your experience may not be as others but that doesn't make my experience any less.
Jgatie. If the software has bugs and it isn't stable - the code is poor. And the engineers are responsible for the code. Cuase and effect.

My Sonos software is as stable as a concrete doorstop and bug free, as it is for millions of others. It's you who is the outlier.
If the software has bugs and it isn't stable - the code is poor. And the engineers are responsible for the code. Cuase and effect.

If your network has interference, it isn't stable. You're responsible for your network. Cause and effect. Now go fix your network issues, and stop being an ass.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Toolio. Connectivity isn't an issue. Hahahahaha. Wow, you must be on the sonos payroll too. Seriously, you honestly beleive that. You have zero credibility when you state things that simply aren't true. Sonos software sucks. Rushing products out the door always bites you in the end.
Being on the Sonos payroll is the last thing I am, lol. I'm frequently a critic of a Sonos, but never on this issue. The people who were trying to help you here have helped me, and many others, in the past. You should listen to them. Your problems can probably be fixed with a little network tinkering.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sonos, go fix your code. And stop selling consumers sub optimal stuff. Deflection again Toolio.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Just googled sonos issues... bit more than a corner case here.
Sonos, go fix your code. And stop selling consumers sub optimal stuff. Deflection again Toolio.
I've provided you with some helpful links.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Jgatie. Here's the jist: 1, Sonos talk up multi product / multi room systems to raise ARPU. 2, software and the hardware supporting these set ups is flakey at best. 3, customers raise legitimate concerns. 4, Sonos and a few select community bods (you) trot out the same old lines to move attention away from the source of the issue.

Rather than simply acknowledging it and making it right. Sonos are prob. worried about recalls/returns. Or simply selling less.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Toolio. Sonos isn't perfect.