Question

Sonos wont connect with app or show on Spotify.

• 31 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, my sonos 5 gen 2 won't connect with the sonos app V1 or V2. It also isn't showing up on Spotify to play through. I have tried turning WiFi on and off even connecting with an ethernet cable. I then tied troubshouting and reconnecting with my WiFi. It did say songs want connected through my WiFi which is strange because it was. Tried pairing up as per the instructions by pressing the connect button on the back if the speaker, initially flashed on and off orange before changing to solid white  the app asks if there is a solid orange light, there isn't so it says let's try again. Im stuck in this loop!.

Will call sonos but only open mon-fri. 

Thanks. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @scott.ingles01, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your concern on connecting your Sonos speaker on the Sonos App and with Spotify, I’ll be asking some questions to further check. 

• When did it start happening for this issue?
  • Have you tried to connect using another controller/phone?
  • When you hardwired the speaker to the router, On the Sonos App.  check this link to Reset the Sonos App. and then After that, Open the Sonos App, and Connect to an Existing System.
  • What is the colour of the light on the Sonos Speaker?
  • Did you do a factory reset on the Sonos speaker?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.