Sonos wont connect to Apple TV 4K.

• 16 November 2020
  • 3 replies

My Sonos 1 stereo pair was connected to my Apple TV 4K all along but suddenly from today I’m unable to see the Sonos 1 on the Video and Audio tab in settings. Please help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Carlyle64, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on connecting your Sonos speakers to the Apple TV 4k. I want to ask some questions to check on this issue. 

• Have you tried it on another controller device if that will work?
  • Are there any changes made on the settings on Sonos or the Apple TV 4k?
  • Have you tried to do a reboot or power cycle on the speakers and the Apple TV 4K, unplugging it from the power source for 1-2 minutes and replugging it back in?

Answers to these questions will help us check what could be causing this issue.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thank you Simon for the reply

I had not made any changes to my settings on the Sonos or Apple Tv .

Today I rebooted the Sonos speakers and the Apple TV as you asked but I’m still not able to connect the Sonos speakers to the Apple Tv 

Tks

Thank you Simon for the reply

I had not made any changes to my settings on the Sonos or Apple Tv .

Today I rebooted the Sonos speakers and the Apple TV as you asked but I’m still not able to connect the Sonos speakers to the Apple Tv 

Tks

As a further suggestion, perhaps try a reboot of the local router too, to see if that may fix it.