Question

sonos wont add anythung to the queue

• 21 December 2019
  • 0 replies

Let me start by saying this right up front: I have a sonos system thats been sitting in the closet  for at least two years, because I got so sick and tired of dealing with the headaches.  I went out and bought a couple of good Bluetooth speakers, and have really had no regrets. They have none of the limitations and technical issues that his Sonos system has. Those limitations led me to think “what is the point of this whole system“?   I did think that many of the problems may have related to my Wi-Fi system at the time and signal interference problems with Sonos. I sense have replaced my Wi-Fi system with a much improved system(eero) and thought perhaps the Sonos would work better now. 

I reconnected the system. I downloaded the app to my iPad. The system was recognized by the controller. However, when I went to play music, it became evident that the system is not connecting with my music.  Sound files are showing up in my music library, although it does not show recently added files - i.e. those that were added since the date I last had my Sonos system connected. I play music from my music library, and Pandora. I do not use Apple Music. I do not use Spotify. Every time I try to play a song I get a message that the song cannot be added to the queue. I’m looking for someone who can provide me with some guidance, using simple Laymans terms. I’m not a techie and I don’t want to be one. 

Listening to music should be simple and effortless. Sonos makes it  A frustrating mess filled with unnecessary delays while you deal with glitches in the controller, other software and hardware glitches, constant updates, connectivity issues, interference issues, range issues. Technology should move us forward and make things faster, and easier, not slower and more difficult. Anyway if somebody has a simple fix For my problem, I would be grateful if you share it with me. If not, I’m gonna put this thing on eBay and call it a day. Thanks for listening.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.