Answered

Sonos Won't Play Pitbull Globalization Channel

My Sonos App will no longer play Sirius XM's Channel 13 (Pitbull Globalization). It says no longer available, but I listen everyday in my vehicles. 

I've removed my XM account and logged in again. Same message. Anyone else?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 June 2022, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 1

Same. It started last week for me. I can still play through the app and then AirPlay to my speakers but there is no reason we shouldn’t have it. I’m going to reach out to support. 

Userlevel 1

Spoke with support. They were able to isolate the issue and replicate it. After a painful 40+ minutes on hold, they will escalate it to their engendering team to work with SiriusXM to investigate and try to solve. 

If all the other SiriusXM channels are playing, it’s certainly an indication of an issue with the SiriusXM server that provides your Sonos speakers their data, so it makes sense that SiriusXM would need to investigate. 

Glad to know I’m not the only one. Been down for more that a week. Spoke with XM yesterday and they said there was no reported issues and would escalate. Hope it get fixed soon. 

Same issue for about 2 weeks. It also is happening with channel 47. It just so happens those are my 2 most listened to. I also spoke with support, but they had no answer. Anyone who gets a solution, I’d greatly appreciate you posting so I can fix mine as well!

You guys are awesome, I was going to call but wasn't at home on my wifi so I figured if they wanted me to do anything it would be pointless. I've had to listen to Diplo's channel in the morning gym time lately. I knew it wasn't XM since I listen through the App & on a car radio daily so...

also experiencing this issue for about a week 

Userlevel 1

I checked yesterday and it is back! Woo hoo! Perfect pool party station!

I checked yesterday and it is back! Woo hoo! Perfect pool party station!

I don't think it was yesterday morning (0430 gym time), but I see it is now. This is great but also found Diplo's channel to be awesome now too.

And now it won't play any XM channel....

Userlevel 2

No channel works for me now.

No channel works for me now.

Looks like it's working again this morning

Is anyone addressing the issue?  I’ve been having problems with Sirius not playing/displaying coding error or unable to play for 2 years now!   We reboot the amp and it works for a bit, but inevitably stops playing again.  Very Frustrating and my husband wants to replace the whole system cause he is a diehard Sirius xm fan and refuses to use other music services.  We both find it funny that this has only begun to become an issue since Sonos launched their on radio station.  Wish they would forgive this s$&@ out!

Since the issue appears to be on SiriusXM, and not on Sonos, your issues may be better resolved by complaining directly to them. They don’t maintain a presence here in the Sonos forums. 

Is anyone addressing the issue?  I’ve been having problems with Sirius not playing/displaying coding error or unable to play for 2 years now!   We reboot the amp and it works for a bit, but inevitably stops playing again.  Very Frustrating and my husband wants to replace the whole system cause he is a diehard Sirius xm fan and refuses to use other music services.  We both find it funny that this has only begun to become an issue since Sonos launched their on radio station.  Wish they would forgive this s$&@ out!

Haven't had an issue in almost 3 weeks now. Sounds like you have a different issue. This was just 1 station not working.