Answered

Sonos with Starlink router

• 20 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Frustrated as I cannot get a clear answer on whether or not Sonos can work with the Starlink router and/or if there is a work around?  I live in a rural area and Starlink is my only hope but Sonos customer help says Sonos does not support satellite internet.  Any help on a way to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 August 2022, 03:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

See this thread from a year ago…

Last week, I was at a home with a StarLink router and a Sonos system. Granted, 99% of what I listened to was local music, but it responded fine with Spotify as well. I did not exhaustively test every type of subscription.

Any recent updates as to getting Sonos and Starlink to play nice together?

still no joy trying to get my starlink router network to see my speakers. 

Hmmm. I think my friend uses a normal router to connect to his Starlink, and the Sonos connects to the normal router. However, I think that has more to do with the fact that Starlink hasn’t got more than one cable port, and the fact that currently his Starlink device lives outside. 

Unfortunately, this is a thousand miles away, and isn’t easy to do much testing, but honestly, to my knowledge, as long as the Starlink signal matches the Sonos network requirements, any Sonos device should connect to it. 

Any recent updates as to getting Sonos and Starlink to play nice together?

still no joy trying to get my starlink router network to see my speakers. 

This may be nothing to do with the fact it is a satellite router.  It is much more likely to be a problem on the LAN side.  Does the Starlink have  an Ethernet port to which you could wire a Sonos device experimentally?

Is your router set up to work with WiFi protocol 801.11 b/g/n?

Which Sonos devices do you have?

Have you had any luck.  I just got my Starlink system.  I think I will try the Starlink ethernet port you can buy.  Hook up my Netgear router to this and run the Sonos off the Netgear router.  I sure hope it works, for DSL is terrible.

No luck with getting them to work together for this girl.

Starlink router does not have an ethernet port. Starlink is the only option where I live.

Really regretting my Sonos purchase 😪 

Hmmm, curious as to how my friend has this set up in his cabin, he’s got zero issues using StarLink and connecting his Sonos system. 

Just as a knee-jerk solution, certain a travel router logging in to the StarLink system, and providing its own network to Sonos to latch on to should work.