Answered

Sonos was unable to add the music folder

• 15 April 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm replacing the computer that we use as our main way of playing music through sonos, but I'm unable to connect to the iTunes library.
I've been through the forums and fixed the problem with the too-long computer name. I've made sure that SMB file sharing is enabled and made sure that the music folder is in the list of shared folders. I've re started the computer a bunch of times to make sure the settings are updated. Still, when I try to add the music library (same user on the same computer), I get the error:
"Sonos was unable to add the music folder.
Unable to add the shared folder "//X-XXXXX-XXXX/Music" to your music library (1002)."
What am I doing wrong? I swear that it worked briefly yesterday, but today I can't get the connection to work at all.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Chris 15 April 2018, 17:45

are you trying to add from the Sonos app on the computer - I've always had better luck with sharing and firewall using the App on the computer itself vs. my mobile device.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
are you trying to add from the Sonos app on the computer - I've always had better luck with sharing and firewall using the App on the computer itself vs. my mobile device.
Yeah, I'm trying to add using the app on the Mac to the iTunes library stored on the same mac, under the same user. I can't understand how this could be a permissions issue.