Sonos Update Breaks Subsonic Service.

• 21 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Greetings,

I’m running my Sonos controller on a Windows 10 PC, along with the Subsonic service.

Everything was working fine for months. Then this evening Sonos said there was an “update” that I needed to install, so I did. Now Sonos won’t see my Subsonic music library. It seems this happens every time there is a Sonos update.

I’ve restarted the Sonos controller service. I’ve restarted the Subsonic service. I went in and re-forwarded the Subsonic port. I also removed the Subsonic service from Sonos and re-added it.  The only thing I haven’t done is reboot the machine, but I shouldn’t have to do that, should I???  Here are my current statistics.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

I am embarrassed to even say. I had to add/remove some hard drives to my machine, and the drive that my Subsonic library was on automatically changed drive letters during the switching around, so Subsonic wasn’t responding because it was looking for “F:\Music” and the “F” drive was now the “L” drive. I’m just getting old. A bit of work in Disk Management and all was back to normal. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For future reference. What error?

Badge

Never mind. I fixed it. Stupid user error.