Sonos Update 7.1 Fails (Error: 1013)

• 27 January 2017
  • 2 replies

1. iOS App Requested Software Update for Sonos Speakers but failed with error 1013
2. Tried update with sonos controller for mac and received the same error message.
3. Tried power cycling all speakers to no avail.
4. My SUB is connected via ethernet cable everything else is wireless.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos support was able to resolve my issue. As a reminder I had first attempted the update via iOS. When that failed, I tried to update via the OSX sonos application which also failed. In short here is what they did.

Note: Software update was for 7.1 and my speakers were around v5.1 (several versions out of date).

1. Remove ethernet cable from SUB (sub should not be the focal point of the Sonos network).
>> He said that the SUB controller isn't really designed to be the focal point or central node in the sonos network.
2. Connect ethernet cable into any other device (not the SUB).
3. Power cycle ethernet router.
4. Power cycle Sonos device with ethernet plugged in.
5. Check that the OSX firewall was not blocking the Sonos communication (i.e. it was off)
6. Run software update from OSX Sonos Application (Failed same error)
7. Run software update from iOS app. < just worked >
Note: We were never able to get the OSX Sonos application to successfully complete the software update. Only after doing all of the above steps was the iOS application able to complete an update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad you got this resolved. Let us know if we can help with anything else.