Sonos Trouble Over Wifi (Orbi)

• 16 February 2019
  • 2 replies

My diagnostic report # is 412324574

I recently moved from a small apartment to a much larger home. I had a single Sonos One at the apartment and bought two additional Sonos Ones for the new bigger house. In addition I bought a new Netgear Orbi mesh wifi system.

The Sonos system is unusable over wifi. The speakers couldn't even be set up without one of them plugged into the router. They work fine over SonosNet. But having one next the router is essentially useless to me and just makes it an expensive SonosNet router.

Over wifi sometimes music successfully streams from a controller but more often than not you get 701 or some other error. You can't set up Alexa. Couldn't even send the diagnostic report over wifi and had to plug back into the router.

Problems with mesh networks, including Orbi, don't seem infrequent. See:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-connect-netgear-orbi-trouble-6803811

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-wifi-setup-on-orbi-cannot-stream-music-6808705

etc

I've tried pretty much everything I've found on the forums both on the speakers end and the Orbi end and even some things it tells you not to.

The firmware on all speakers is up to date.

The firmware on the Orbi is up to date

I've factory reset all the speakers :(

I've unplugged both the Orbi sattelites, but even when connected directly to the router the speakers don't work.

I've disabled Daisy Chain Topology, MU-MIMO and 20/40hz coexistence on the router.

I've set the 2.4 radio just to a single channel - tried 1, 2 and 3 - and not to auto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have the same issue .. did you ever get it resolved ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, hollykeyt. Thanks for the detailed post and for sharing your diagnostic report. Form the looks of it, it might be best to get in contact with our support technicians to work this out. They are able to set up a remote session and get a much closer real-time look at the network and Sonos to get this sorted.