Answered

sonos system not found

• 28 August 2022
  • 3 replies

after changing Internet Service from Xfinity to ATT the Sonos app can’t find my system. My wifi and other network setting are the same the only change is the  network IP from 10.0.0.x to 192.168.0.X I tried power recycle the equipment but it did not work.

any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 August 2022, 17:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

See if this support link perhaps assists you to sort the matter…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

Assuming the Sonos system connects in “wireless” mode (i.e. to the WiFi) and the WiFi name/password are exactly the same as before it should work. The WiFi needs to be b/g/n compatible at 2.4GHz and to support WPA or WPA2.

As with any router change the entire network would need to be powered down (disconnected) and up again (reconnected) so as to obtain valid new IP addresses.

Did you power cycle EVERYTHING on the network?

Describe your network for us. What is wired? Wireless? Network switches? WiFi extenders or mesh points? Sonos models?

Something silly to check: In the confusion of transferring to the new router, your phone may have jumped to the cell network and for some reason has not gone back to WiFi. If you are just using the controller device for web browsing, tweet’s etc. you may not notice that it is not using your local network. SONOS is on the local network.

Don’t factory reset anything without further consult.