Question

Sonos System not connecting to the same wifi as mac. How to connect Sonos play 1 to wifi?

• 28 November 2016
  • 2 replies

I have tried to connect my speaker in my dorm but it has not worked. I have rebooted it multiple times and tried connecting again it still has not successfully connected. It just says "unexpected error occurred".

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Your dorm could well employ 'wireless client isolation' as a security measure. That's assuming there isn't a portal page for WiFi login, in which case Sonos wouldn't connect anyway.

Your best bet is to use a travel router. Connect the router to the dorm's WiFi -- you'd better make sure this is permitted as the authorities would detect it -- and then your Sonos and Mac could connect to the router's private network.
There are 2 wifi connections. one of them has a username and password to log in and the other one is the gamer wifi for students that has 1 common password which I was trying to use to connect the play 1, but it still didn't work.