Question

Sonos system linked to incorrect email address

• 18 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Hi,
I have been trying to register my sonos devices to my email address, but they are already registered to another email address

I believe they are linked to an old bt.com email address that i used for compatibility testing at work many years ago, i dont remember this and also dont have access to the email so would be unable to reset password using this address

Looking at other posts on here it says i would need to factory reset devices and set up again from scratch, is there any way around this as i dont really want to be factory resetting my whole system just to link to my email address, there must be someway of doing this

Cheers

Mick

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would call Sonos on the phone to resolve. They should be able to handle.

Or PM one of the Sonos reps here when you see them online and they can look to fix for you.
Cheers for the reply. Just spoken to one of them and they couldnt help due to security, basically advised that i could be at a friends house connecting to their sonos system and then changing their email

Managed to sort it with a bit of a fluke. In case anyone else needs to do it then i installed the beta software, it tells you the email that system is linked to with a few letters blanked out, there's an option to link to different account there, so entered my current sonos account and password and devices are now linked to correct account

Cheers

Mick
Raffaz,

Your Sonos system has a SonosID (visible in About My Sonos System in a controller) which is associated with the registration email address. I suggest you submit a system diagnostic and post the confirmation number. (Phone support would ask for this anyway.) This will allow Sonos Support to identity your Sonos account and, subject to a few authentication checks, they should be able to assign it a different email address.

EDIT: I see you got things sorted, but I'll leave the above for future readers.
Hi ratty,
Like i said, i specifically asked if there was any way to validate and was told no for security, due to reason i stated about being at a friends house connected to their system. Maybe they have changed their policy or maybe i got someone who couldn't be arsed to do his job, who knows :)

Mick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi ratty,
Like i said, i specifically asked if there was any way to validate and was told no for security, due to reason i stated about being at a friends house connected to their system. Maybe they have changed their policy or maybe i got someone who couldn't be arsed to do his job, who knows :)

Mick

Hi Mick,

In your support ticket you replied that you sorted this issue out. Is this still the case? In general we do not provide email addresses to folks other than their owners for privacy reasons.

Let me know if you still need help with this issue and we can continue working through private messages.
Hi Jeff S,
Issue is now sorted and all my devices are linked to my hotmail address now

Cheers

Mick