Question

Sonos system disappeared and cannot reconnect

I updated my controller to S2 a few days ago and had zero issues. As of today, my entire sonos setup has disappeared and it won't find any of my speakers.

I've tried everything I can think of. Reset router, reset all speakers, uninstalled and reinstalled app etc. No joy.

I start the app and try to connect to existing system. It finds nothing. I try and set up as a new system, it then says I'm connected but takes me straight back to the first screen of giving me the option of setting up a new system or joining an existing one. I'm at a loss now.

For information I have the following,

Boost

Playbar

Sub

2 x play 1

2 x play 3

Any ideas on what's going on and how to sort it? The play bar, sub, and 2 play 1s are still working with my TV but I can control them nor are they being found with the app.

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Jeastcroft.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post and sorry to hear about the issue, let me help you and try to figure this out.

First off, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd be glad to review your system and it will also help in identifying what's causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Same problem here. Iphone app (Gen 1 and Gen 2) not connecting to speakers. Unplugged and replugged speakers. Reset app. Reset router. Ethernet from speaker direct to router. Can’t connect. Seems like a sonos issue. Please advise. 

Same problem here. So frustrating. All was fine then nothing.

Exact Same Problem, unable to access my Sonos Account via the Sonos 2 App and therefore unable to access any speakers. Resetting ALL doesn’t work, reinstalling App doesn’t work.

Sonos this needs fixed.

Also having exact same problem - nothing works, thousands of £s worth of useless equipment - so frustrating!

I have submitted diagnostic 29/07 Ref: 1959322592

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi there everyone, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I understand that you are all experiencing the same issue, let me help and try to figure this out.

@booth.cm@twidholmand @Boba2, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number.

I’d like to review your system individually, and it will also help identify what is causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you all further from here.

For any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @zulidutch.

I appreciate your effort submitting the diagnostic report, let me take a look and review your system.

Upon checking, there’s no existing issue found on your system and all of the devices are online and connected.

To better understand, kindly tell us more about your network details.

May I know the make and model number of your network devices such as modem, router, switch, and access point.

Kindly verify how the network equipment is connected to each other (which port is connected to which).

Have you tried using a different controller?

You might still want to try these common fixes that helped a lot of folks, please follow the steps accordingly:

• Power down Sonos
  • Reboot router and controller
  • Power up the Sonos one at a time.

If that doesn’t help, please submit a new diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number so I can see if there are any changes.

I’m looking forward to assisting you all further from here.

For any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Given that there are numerous users having the same issue since the upgrade to S2 (there are many more on other forums and review sites) do you not think that the problem is the the new  App??

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @zulidutch.

Thanks for your immediate response.

We highly appreciate all your feedback, definitely, our Engineers are continuously monitoring the app, to identify if there are things that they will need to address for improvement.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hi @Jeastcroft.

I appreciate your detailed post and sorry to hear about the issue, let me help you and try to figure this out.

First off, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd be glad to review your system and it will also help in identifying what's causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Hi,

I've just submitted a diagnostic - 121602831

I am using a sky Q router but with a boost. I've tried 2 different controllers and the same result with both. I didn't have any issues until I tried using the S2 app. It worked for 1 day and then stopped and hasn't worked since.

My soundbar and 2 play 1s are still working with my TV but are not being found with the app.

Hi, can someone please respond to my above message. I still have thousands of pounds of equipment I cannot use!!

Badge

Perhaps the “solution” I found can help: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-s1-can-t-find-sonos-player-6846014?postid=16461380#post16461380

Well I have managed to partially solve the problem myself. It looks like my Boost is the issue. I've disconnected it and done a hard reset on all my other speakers and everything is now working again once I set it all back up. I reconnected the boost and speakers started disappearing.

So I've disconnected the boost and reconnected everything again and low and behold everything is working for now.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that the boost has stopped working along with all these software updates.

Can Sonos please shed some light on this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Jeastcroft.

Thanks for your response and for the update.

While doing a factory reset is not a recommended troubleshooting for it will delete all the data on the unit, may I ask if you also did a hard reset on the Boost and re-add it on the system when you plug it back in?

Please submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, so I can take a look.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.