Sonos suddenly unable to play Sirius XM or Amazon music from iPhone app or Windows

• 22 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I awoke this morning to the system not being able to play any station from Sirius XM or any of my music on Amazon, from both the app and Windows. I have multiple speakers throughout the house and have never had a sustained issue for more than maybe 5-10 minutes. Reset my router, Wi-Fi hotspots (we have 3 Google). Any ideas?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s unclear from your post, do other sources work, and just not SiriusXM and Amazon?

Sonos traditionally isn’t fond of other mesh networks. Try wiring one of your Sonos speakers to the Google hub and see if that helps. 

I would also recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Okay, so I just turned on the TV and my system in the living room started playing the TV. Connected all my other devices to the TV and it plays throughout.

Switched off of that to Sirius XM and everything works. First time that's ever happened!