Answered

Sonos suddenly played music very loudly af night

• 16 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi,

Tonight my Sonos Move suddenly played Music very loudly in my kitchen (a bit after 3 AM CET, everbody sleeping). No neighbor using our wifi, no trace inside the app or alexa.

1342612997 (diagnostics)

Could you have a look into it?

Many thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 June 2022, 10:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Haven’t used this image in about three years:

Guilty

What actually started playing on this occasion? Was it a known playlist etc; from one of your own music services in-built into the Sonos App, or was it an Airplay source, or Spotify ‘connect’ source etc?

I have seen an issue previously reported in the community here, where a user, using Spotify ‘connect’ had a similar issue with their mobile phone and the ‘thoughts’ at the time were, that the Spotify App possibly moved to the ‘foreground’ from the background, as their mobile device checked for updates, or acquired a new (leased) IP address …and suddenly the music playlist started playing again, it was a case though (IIRC) whereby the user had not ended their earlier connection to their Sonos speaker.

If Staff do not see this post, you can speak to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK to perhaps get your diagnostic looked at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My old Sonos with real buttons were more resistant to “furball assistance” than the new touch sensors. 

If we replace the cat I’ll probably swap some One SL and Play 1s around before things cool off.

Warm Sonos and cold cat is a recipe for midnight surprises.

Hi, actually a radio station was played (on Tunein), which was also the last thing I played on the same Sonos Move. I think that it could have been one of my cats, as the Sonos Move has no “physical” buttons, but touch ones (which are less resistant to cats). Not sure though. Shouldn’t my diagnostics report 1342612997 mean that Sonos can track down in which way that “play music” command was executed? Like saying “it was a physical button press that initiated the playing of the radio station”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @k1ckdapro 

It seems you actually tried to play the radio through the Move at some point earlier that night (or even earlier than that) and the Move, at that time, failed. It did, however, keep trying and at 3am it finally succeeded. This is not normal behaviour. Although I recommend a reboot of the Move, I also suggest a reboot of your network and I recommend you also get in touch with our technical support team - some network reconfiguration is needed, I think.

Rebooting Sonos Move

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

I hope this helps.

Hi @k1ckdapro 

It seems you actually tried to play the radio through the Move at some point earlier that night (or even earlier than that) and the Move, at that time, failed. It did, however, keep trying and at 3am it finally succeeded. This is not normal behaviour. Although I recommend a reboot of the Move, I also suggest a reboot of your network and I recommend you also get in touch with our technical support team - some network reconfiguration is needed, I think.

Rebooting Sonos Move

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. That is good to know. It may have been also a cat earlier which initially triggered it. I will try to reboot and contact tech support if I see this happen again. Many thanks!

Or there is this one from some years ago… ha😀

@Stanley_4 , that image looks extremely similar to my experience. It was the reason I started putting most of the speakers on speaker stands, rather than just putting them on cabinets, so the cat wouldn’t jump on top of them, and press the buttons accidentally (and shockingly, for me….)