sonos sub wont connect

• 25 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I can’t get my Sonos system to connect to my WiFi. After 4 days of trying I finally took the security off and it connects. But nothing else in my smart house works. I can’t have an open internet. What do I do? I use wpa personal auto. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Nader1101, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Is this a new router, or Sonos setup? Some network configurations do require a Sonos device be wired via Ethernet cable - particularly when adding surrounds or a Sub to a Home-Theater speaker, would you mind sharing the make/model of router, and any other mesh nodes, extenders, or Access Points?

I'm stuck in a loop it adds the speakers to the system then says getting ready, then fails. It finally worked when I plugged the Sonos in to Ethernet. But it's not 100% wireless. 

Userlevel 7

Be sure you have Wi-Fi enabled under the Arc settings.

What message do you get when you try to connect the Sub or Ones?

FYI, the Arc communicates with the Sub and Surrounds using the 5 GHz frequency.

The only speaker that is connected is the arc. The sub and the one’s will not connect to the system. 

Userlevel 7

Are you saying that none of your Sonos speakers will connect to WiFi or is it just the Sub?