sonos sub wont connect

• 25 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I can’t get my Sonos system to connect to my WiFi. After 4 days of trying I finally took the security off and it connects. But nothing else in my smart house works. I can’t have an open internet. What do I do? I use wpa personal auto. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you saying that none of your Sonos speakers will connect to WiFi or is it just the Sub?

The only speaker that is connected is the arc. The sub and the one’s will not connect to the system. 

Userlevel 7

Be sure you have Wi-Fi enabled under the Arc settings.

What message do you get when you try to connect the Sub or Ones?

FYI, the Arc communicates with the Sub and Surrounds using the 5 GHz frequency.

I'm stuck in a loop it adds the speakers to the system then says getting ready, then fails. It finally worked when I plugged the Sonos in to Ethernet. But it's not 100% wireless. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Nader1101, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Is this a new router, or Sonos setup? Some network configurations do require a Sonos device be wired via Ethernet cable - particularly when adding surrounds or a Sub to a Home-Theater speaker, would you mind sharing the make/model of router, and any other mesh nodes, extenders, or Access Points?