Sonos Sub not playing music

Show first post

42 replies

I,m also not getting any sound out of the sub, the light is flashing red when I press it, I have submitted a diagnostic #371676765 can you advise please
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Mariacaputi. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Based on the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems the Sub is dealing with significant physical electronic interference. This usually points to an electronic device physically in the immediate surroundings of the Sub that is causing the connection between the Sub and Playbar to drop out. Could you describe the area around the Sub?

Thanks in advance!
I just resubmitted the diagnostic. Still unable to get any audio from the sub. 2012344638
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I just resubmitted the diagnostic. Still unable to get any audio from the sub. 2012344638

Hi juancj

It was 18 days between your first submission of a diagnostic until 10 minutes ago. So assuming you weren't ill (if you were...glad you're better now) or away from your residence..how was your sub behaving during the 18 day period to now?

Cheers!
I was away for a few days so could not reply back. Haven't been able to get it to work yet. I see the sub connected to the router but thats it. No audio coming from the device. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, juancj. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Might I suggest that when you have a free moment please give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time? That way, we can have our technicians take a closer look at how the signal is making it's way to the SUB and what is causing the audio to drop out.
Same issue, I have a play one in the living room which i pair with the sub but no sound at all from the sub. 1009349863
I am having the same issue. Ive tried to add a sub woofer to my play base and what seems to happen is the additional base I’d expect from the sub seems to come from the play base. The sub is silent but the play base is has more boom. I was hoping to get a surround sound by placing the sub on the other side of the room
Same issue. Don't see a fix in this thread. 1070471253
Hi

I am facing the same issue.
having Paybase and bought new sub and connected but no sound.

can you please check my 242154295 diagnostics and let me know

/anand
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I am facing the same issue.
having Paybase and bought new sub and connected but no sound.

can you please check my 242154295 diagnostics and let me know

/anand

Hi there,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sending in the report. I'm not seeing any specific errors in your report which would explain the lack of sound from your Sub. Please try a few different audio sources, and keep an ear open. The Sub won't put out the normal music, but should be sending out some bass. You can also adjust it using Trueplay tuning or the equalizer.
Hi Same problem for me, connected and disconnected several times.
Case: 770220486

/Boomer77
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Same problem for me, connected and disconnected several times.
Case: 770220486

/Boomer77

Hi Boomer77,

I'm not seeing a whole lot in your report which would explain why your Sub isn't playing. Normally, the Sub will play the low frequency, but not the actual music. Can you verify that no bass sound is coming from your Sub? Have you tried multiple sources? Try removing the Sub from your stereo pair, then add it back. You might also try running Trueplay. If that doesn't help, give us a call. Our phone team can help troubleshoot live.
I don´t hear anything from it, and if I put a finger on the speaker I can feel any vibrations at all, I´d say noting comes out from the sub. I´ve removed it and reconnected several times, and reset the controller. When I try Trueplay, I get a message after a while saying something about the sub not connected or something like that (don´t remember exactly). I have not tried anything else than Spotify, I will do that. Yhis system is at my office so, Ill try as soon as I can and get back to you.
I´v tried playing from other sources with the same result, no sound from Sub.
How do I reset enerything to start over ?
Did you call Sonos, as Jeff suggested?
No, didn´t have the time.
BUT, the sub has suddenly come to life, don´t ask me how ?
Case closed.

/B